“Couldn't wait until the end of my trip to write this review”

Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staying here for 12 nights, you really get a chance to test the staff, see the surroundings, and sample everything Nikki Beach has to offer their guests. This is the kind of place where you will see a family playing on one side of the pool and a group on the other side popping magnums of champagne dancing on the tables, that's just the way it is here. With this being my fifth Nikki Beach location I have visited (first one in Asia), I am big fan of the consistency of the branding, no matter what country. So far I have been here 6 nights and have another 6 nights to go, but I couldn't wait to write a review.

Ok well, it's not exactly right in the middle of the action, unless of course you are looking for the best Sunday Brunch (and pool party) on the island, and very possibly all of Thailand.

We have a gorgeous bungalow that is about a 15 second walk to an amazingly empty, crystal clear beach (Lipa Noi)...sitting there, sipping a mojito, watching the sun go down each evening was one of those rare treats in life. Our bungalow was very large, with a VERY comfortable bed, and cool bathroom with an amazing rain shower where you could stay for hours. The staff were extremely discrete and highly professional, the breakfast caters to local or western food, both quite good.

You'd be hard pressed to find a fault here, I would highly recommend this resort to everyone searching around on Trip Advisor!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ScottEddy

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived at Nikki Beach really not knowing what to expect, we had heard so much about the place and wondered would it live up to the hype or would it flop like that movie your best mate raved about.

Well, we couldn't have asked for more, Nikki Beach lived up to its reputation and then some. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived until we reluctantly handed the room key back. In fact it started before that as I had communicated with the resort prior to arrival by email to make special arrangements to one of the rooms and to book several activities. All arrangements were exactly as I had requested.

During the week the resort was so peaceful and relaxing we just stayed by the pool all day and then watched the amazing sunsets from the pool or the deck. We had originally planned to go and visit a few of the local sites but just couldn't drag ourselves away from the pool. There is so many big day beds that it makes a pleasant change not to have to get up at the crack of dawn to make sure you secure one and on arrival they guaranteed there would always be one available for us.

On the weekend it gets livelier with visitors from other resorts coming to enjoy the pool and culminating with the Sunday Brunch pool party . We would go back just for the pool party, it was spectacular.

Oh and the bungalows were huge, with a great walk in shower. The front veranda had a day bed and couch which was perfect for evening drinks before dinner.

Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great.
2  Thank PlanToExplore
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our second visit to Koh Samui and so we already knew that the quieter west coast with its sunsets on the horizon would be the right part of the island for us to chill out and relax.

Nikki Beach is quite simply a great and excellently managed resort with a first rate management team and simply wonderful staff whose only concern is that we have a great time.

The bungalows are spotlessly clean and every bit as as good as any similar suites that anywhere in the world. We found them to be excellent value compared with the international luxury brands that are also available on Koh Samui.

The restaurant menu - which we ate our way through during our 10 day stay - was consistently both excellent and good value and we especially enjoyed our breakfasts on the verandah.

On Sundays, Nikki Beach is the hottest venue on the island with an all you can eat Sunday brunch by the pool with live and DJ music.

We will definitely be returning to Nikki Beach and we're also sold on the Nikki Beach concept.

Nikki Beach, thank you for everything!

Room Tip: All the bungalows have a verandah and the beachfront bungalows have clear and direct views out to se...
4  Thank Tripleredline
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner and I visited Koh Samui for our first holiday together. We decided to indulge ourselves in a few days at Nikki Beach first before moving onto the life of Chaweng - I am so glad we did!

During the days we were there, it was quite quiet due to being mid week, but it was absolute paradise. The bungalows are gorgeous, I would love to return for a longer stay.

We drank the lovely cocktails (though one of the barstaff i believe may have been new and didn't seem to know their house ones very well) and ate the excellent food. I really can't fault it.
If you want a little bit of indulgence then Nikki Beach is definitely the way to go. I shall look forward to returning here and perhaps visiting a few others that are opening worldwide.

Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AbbyRClark
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I wish that I could give Nikki Beach 6 stars - it was that great!

The resort is exceptional. The bungalows are lovely and very comfortable. There are only 16 bungalows in the resort right now. It's nice because you get to know your neighbors and the staff very well.

The food was out of this world. Everything that we ordered off of the menu was delicious. Also, they accommodated us by making dishes that weren't on the menu - we just had to give 24 hr notice. I was able to satisfy my mango sticky rice craving that way - yum! The passion fruit mojitos are to die for. Happy hour half-priced drinks is from 4-7pm, so we ordered a lot of them!

I highly suggest making reservations for the Sunday brunch, which was amazing. It's 5 hours of deliciousness (the food was soooo good), DJ music, and beautiful people. Also, I highly recommend the cooking class. That was so much fun and well worth it! I wasn't a huge fan of the massage (too rough for me), but my husband loved it.

The beach is a little small but very nice and there is a decent sized private area that only bungalow guests can get into. It's a nice change of pace from the busier pool/restaurant/bar area. Make sure you grab a spot by the pool to watch the evening sunsets - absolutely breathtaking!

Lastly, the staff are the best. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that our stay here was perfect. We've taken a lot of vacations and stayed at a lot of resorts. The staff here were by far the best I have ever experienced.

In sum, if you are looking for the perfect vacation, make sure that you stay at Nikki Beach. If you don't stay there, at least stop by to hang out by the fun pool one day and make sure you attend the brunch!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Samui for our Honeymoon for 8 days/7 nights. Nikki Beach was the perfect resort for a vacation with all of the perks. We stayed in one of the bungalows, and although we were not in a beach view bungalow, we were not disappointed.

To begin, the resort is kept impeccably clean. At every turn, we saw someone picking up leaves or sweeping the freshly fallen leaves. The room did not disappoint in this aspect either. Every day, the housekeeping staff restocked our bathroom with fresh towels (sometimes even twice a day!) Also, they stocked the room with complimentary bottled water, which we took with us to the pool and out on our excursions.

We fully enjoyed all of the food, especially the Sunday brunch. It was well worth the money. We ate all day and the staff made sure we were set up with a pool side bed with the best sunlight. Also, the mojitos are a must try! They are delicious :) Around 4, when they stopped serving food, my husband and I wanted a little more peace and quiet, so we went to the other side of the resort, where the bungalows are located and lounged in the chairs with the beach view. It was much more quiet, although you could still hear the music, we didn't mind. It prevented us from having to use our Ipods!

The staff was so helpful. Michael, one of the hotel managers, had just arrived a couple of days before our stay and was always ready with little pieces of advice for traveling around the island and great restaurant recommendations! He made sure to stop by whenever he saw us at breakfast or poolside, just to check up. It was so appreciated!

We had a three-course sunset dinner in the private guest area and the food was wonderful! My husband had the lamb and I ate red snapper. Both were equally wonderful. A couple of things to take advantage of while you are there is the Thai cooking class. Chef took us to the market which was so much fun...and then we made a three course meal. Beware...don't eat breakfast before hand and plan not to eat a big dinner...we were stuffed!

Also, on Wednesday nights they have cinema night in the guest area. We watched "Singin' In the Rain" with our toes in the sand while drinking mojitos and eating popcorn...it was so fun!

Because, we like the best of both worlds, my husband and I were very happy with the location of the resort. It is on a part of the island that isn't very busy with tourists and therefore was quiet and relaxing. But, the only downside to this was that it was a 45 minute to 1 hour cab ride to the busier (tourist) area, Chaweng. Each way, it would cost about 800-1000 Baht (which equates to about $25-$35 US. We didn't mind, because we liked the remoteness of our resort, plus it often felt as if we were the only ones there.

At any time, during the week days, there were around 10 people at the pool...it was great feeling as if we had the whole place to ourselves! Overall, we would highly recommend this resort. They are adding on another half to the resort with more rooms. We couldn't see exactly, but there are going to be some bungalows with private pools and it looked like some two level buildings. I hope that with growth they are able to keep the same atmosphere as they have now...it is the way things should be done.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just spent a fantastic week in Nikki Beach. The bungalows are great: spacious, quiet and clean. The location is nice and calm with a beautiful beach. I believe the sunset is the nicest you can get in Samui. The food is amazing if you like fish and Thai fusion. The sunday brunch is a must! Service from nikki beach and hotel staff is relaxed but very attentive. Would definately go back.

Room Tip: 108 and 208 are the two bungalows on clossest to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Amari Koh Samui
#10 of 104 in Chaweng
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort

Been to Nikki Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!