My husband and I went to Samui for our Honeymoon for 8 days/7 nights. Nikki Beach was the perfect resort for a vacation with all of the perks. We stayed in one of the bungalows, and although we were not in a beach view bungalow, we were not disappointed.
To begin, the resort is kept impeccably clean. At every turn, we saw someone picking up leaves or sweeping the freshly fallen leaves. The room did not disappoint in this aspect either. Every day, the housekeeping staff restocked our bathroom with fresh towels (sometimes even twice a day!) Also, they stocked the room with complimentary bottled water, which we took with us to the pool and out on our excursions.
We fully enjoyed all of the food, especially the Sunday brunch. It was well worth the money. We ate all day and the staff made sure we were set up with a pool side bed with the best sunlight. Also, the mojitos are a must try! They are delicious :) Around 4, when they stopped serving food, my husband and I wanted a little more peace and quiet, so we went to the other side of the resort, where the bungalows are located and lounged in the chairs with the beach view. It was much more quiet, although you could still hear the music, we didn't mind. It prevented us from having to use our Ipods!
The staff was so helpful. Michael, one of the hotel managers, had just arrived a couple of days before our stay and was always ready with little pieces of advice for traveling around the island and great restaurant recommendations! He made sure to stop by whenever he saw us at breakfast or poolside, just to check up. It was so appreciated!
We had a three-course sunset dinner in the private guest area and the food was wonderful! My husband had the lamb and I ate red snapper. Both were equally wonderful. A couple of things to take advantage of while you are there is the Thai cooking class. Chef took us to the market which was so much fun...and then we made a three course meal. Beware...don't eat breakfast before hand and plan not to eat a big dinner...we were stuffed!
Also, on Wednesday nights they have cinema night in the guest area. We watched "Singin' In the Rain" with our toes in the sand while drinking mojitos and eating popcorn...it was so fun!
Because, we like the best of both worlds, my husband and I were very happy with the location of the resort. It is on a part of the island that isn't very busy with tourists and therefore was quiet and relaxing. But, the only downside to this was that it was a 45 minute to 1 hour cab ride to the busier (tourist) area, Chaweng. Each way, it would cost about 800-1000 Baht (which equates to about $25-$35 US. We didn't mind, because we liked the remoteness of our resort, plus it often felt as if we were the only ones there.
At any time, during the week days, there were around 10 people at the pool...it was great feeling as if we had the whole place to ourselves! Overall, we would highly recommend this resort. They are adding on another half to the resort with more rooms. We couldn't see exactly, but there are going to be some bungalows with private pools and it looked like some two level buildings. I hope that with growth they are able to keep the same atmosphere as they have now...it is the way things should be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Thailand Beach Resort, Nikki Beach features 48 world-class accommodations, including expansive villas, seaview suites, private beach bungalows and more - all resting exquisitely on our pristine white sandy beach. Guest can enjoy the luxury of king size beds draped with Egyptian cotton sheets, 42 inch LCD TVs, free wireless internet on entire property, his and her sinks, his and her closets, vanity desk, large private veranda and full service in room dining. Additional amenities include a 75-meter swimming pool, petanque field with complimentary pastis, kayaks, mountain bikes, massage sala, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikki Beach Bungalow Hotel Lipa Noi
- Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand