We stayed at the hotel in January. In overall our stay in the Sunset beach resort and spa was very good.
1. Location - we wanted a calm, deserted place and we got it! No people wandering around, few people at the beach. Wonderful place to hide away. 4 restaurants in a 5 - 15 minutes walk. Shop in 5 minutes by car. And if necessary you can get to major locations at Samui (like Big Buddha or airport or Fisherman's village) in 40 minutes by car.
2. Spa - we visited various spas at Samui: from very expensive 5-star to street one's. Massage at the hotel was one of the best.
3. Beach - spectacular view, beautiful sunsets, a pier to jump from, palms all around. At the same time sea is not very deep, especially during low tide. Some weed and rocks. The beach itself was pretty dirty and not a good one to have a nice walk along. If you stay long, definitely need a car or motorbike to try the other beaches. Beach towels were always available and clean but looked pretty old and have to be renewed.
4. Accommodation - we had 1 night in a standard room and then moved to see side villa. Room was small. No place to put you belongings, little space in a wardrobe. Villa is spacious and with nice territory and facilities. What we didn't like is the bed - pretty rough for our taste. But in a couple of days they put an extra mattress on it, so it was ok. The pillows were too big and not very comfortable. In overall the hotel is good but it is a high time to rebrush it and do general upgrade though it feels a bit old.
5. Stuff - half of the stuff was very nice and cheerful. Half was gloomy and not very pleasant. Also should point that if was not always tidy in our room. In general it was ok but if you go to details like looking under the bed or at the TV back side panel, there was some dust.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui