Sunset Beach Resort & Spa may be out of the way, with a very modest beach, yet it offers a restful retreat, especially if remoteness is considered a plus. I 'd reserved a two-night splurge at a newly opened, pricey 5 star resort, yet to me it lacked an inviting atmosphere, taste, value. By comparison, Sunset Beach Resort was a breathe of fresh air. I love this place. Pluses for me: Scale/size - it's small, with a comfortable roomy feel. Ambiance/People: The welcome by staff is warm and continues throughout with sincere good service, friendliness. I also appreciated the composition of guests, international, mostly couples, small families (several well behaved children). Food/Drink: Restaurant is casual, comfortable with very good food (never made it past the tasty Thai dishes) and the happy hour drink specials are a treat. Spa/Ammenities: Resort had spa specials and I enjoyed a WONDERFUL massage. The pool is large enough for laps and nice to sit around. Special Touches: The rooms had fresh flowers, fruit, flower petals on turned down beds. Word of my birthday was out and along with cupcakes/candles at lunch, at the end of the day roses and a peronalized cake appeared in my room. Rooms: I looked at the garden and deluxe/superior. Both were very nice and I opted for the deluxe/superior. It was spotless, with a comfortable large bed, oversized jacuzzi tub, roomy open shower, nice small deck, polished wooden floors, tasteful simple decor, comfortable temperature, subtle air conditioner. The room was about 1/3 of the price of the high end resort and not only did I prefer the comfortable feel of this room, the relative cost/value was a treat. Due to weather I passed on an excursion to the Marine Park, instead enjoying a relaxing 2 nights/days at Sunset Beach before continuing on to Kao Tao. I could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui