We stayed a couple of days at Lamai Beach before swapping hotels and beach to the Sunset Beach Resort at Taling Ngam.
Before we stayed at a rather budget accommodation so we wanted to pamper ourselves over the last days of our holiday. We didn't know how remote Taling Ngam was and quickly realized that if we don't want to hire a car there is not much you can do by foot around the area.
The welcome was very friendly and the staff in general was very helpful and super polite to all the time.
Our room was a "Sunset Jacuzzi Room" with lovely traditional Thai interior design a huge bed with sea view and a balcony. The only thing I never understood is why some rooms don't have proper doors to the toilet but that is just a minor setback.
The complex is nicely setup in elegant light colors. Everything is clean and has a calming atmosphere to it. The pool is salt water and great to swim labs even that due to the water temperature it doesn't really give you that refreshing feel.
The beach in Taling Ngam is fairly narrow and not as beautiful as other beaches on Samui. There were also some rocks in the water which made a cool down a bit more tricky.
Culinary we were really pleased as the breakfast selection was big with several freshly pressed juices to chose from, variations of eggs, waffles and cold cuts. The restaurant had some great dishes, like the Tuna Steak and a Coconut Rice to die for. This proofed very important as besides some few other hotels there were no restaurants close by or in walking distance. They also offer romantic dinners at the beach which seemed a bit setup on the narrow piece of sand and other guests still lying on the chairs next to the eating couples so we didn't go for it.
Also appreciated was the cocktail happy hour at sunset which we often made use of during our stay. Delicious.
Overall this is a great clean hotel with friendly staff and restaurants that offer delicious and fresh food as well as great sundowner drinks to a higher price level. Only downside is the beach really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui