This hotel's a bit far from Chaweng and the airport (about 1 hour driving for both) so it's a little bit secluded from touristy areas. However, if you're interested in privacy and just hanging out by the beach, it's pretty nice. There were 3 of us and we only paid for 2. The front desk lady was actually nice enough to upgrade us to a bigger room for free with an outdoor jacuzzi (since the room that we booked was not big enough for an extra bed). We tried on the extra bed that they had.. it was very hard and worn out enough that we could feel the spring so decided against getting it. So we decided to use lawnchair padding as an extra bed and they did not charge us for the extra person.There was always free fruit every time they cleaned our room.. and they sometimes cleaned our room 2x/day! The bathroom that we had was an outdoor bathroom so they were insects, geckos (there was one BIG one), and snails everywhere but i guess that's what you get when you want to be one with nature.. But other than that, the room was clean. Breakfast food was also delicious with a to-die-for smoothie! The swimming pool looked outdated and not as clean as other hotels that we've seen. The private beach was nice though.. the sand's not as soft as the one in Chaweng but they have this private pier that you can sit on and watch the sunset from. You can also hire their car and driver to drive you around the island for a pretty reasonable cost and there's unlimited supply of water in the car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui