What can I say about the week we spent in Sunset beach resort? It was AMAZING, a lifetime experience. Six of us have travelled to Ko Samui after 4 days in Bangkok, and we could not find words when we arrived. The hotel, the staff and rooms have been really-really fabolous! We have been welcomed by the general manager Chat, who was very friendly and caring throughout our stay. We have received welcome drinks and some information about the hotel and the surroundings.
We had 3 sunset rooms next to eachother on the upper floor, all of them with jacuzzi, big bed, two washbasins, television, dvd player and balcony. The rooms were spaciuos and clean, also equipped with air conditioning, which was very useful. The balcony has looked over the pool, the palmtrees and the sea, we liked it a lot.
They were really friendly, always at our service. We have received 4 bottles of water (0,5 liter each) every day, and fresh fruit: mango, lichi, dragonfruit, banana for free. They have always made up the bed and changed the towels during the daytime, and they have also prepared the bed for the night at the evening: they placed nice flowers on the pillows. The receptionist have been always very nice and helpful: special thanks to them as well.
One of our friend has celebrated her 30th birthday there, and we have ordered dinner to the beach: it was magnificent! She has received a nice birthday card from the hotel, signed by the whole staff, and a small cake with candles, while the general manager, the receptionist and the cook have been singing 'Happy Birthday'. It was unforgettable.
Swimming pool and beach
While the hotel was almost full house, there was no crowd in the swimming pool or at the beach at all. The pool was heated and clean, about 12 sunbeds on both sides, and there was a bar at the side, so we could drink cocktails while sitting in the pool. The beach was as on postcards: huge palm trees, white sand, and clean water, we really liked it! There have been also about 12 sunbeds on the beach, and waiters brought you whatever you ordered.
The restaurant has been also great: nice view, very friendly staff. The breakfasts have been terrific: 5 types of fresh juices, hams, cheeses, warm dishes (precooked and freshly made as well), more types of bread, mueslis, jams. We have also had dinners here: soups and currys have been really delicious!
You should keep in mind, that the hotel is on the west coast, quite far from the nearest villages. I think, when someone choose a hotel, first he/she should investigate where is it exactly and does it match with his/her needs. Therefore I do not really understand those people, who were writing: 'it is far away from everything', 'it is on the middle of nowhere', etc, because the location and the surroundings are not kept in secret, if you are smart enough, you can find these out. So we did not have problem, since we have appreciated that our beach is secluded, no hawkers come to you to sell useless things, no dogs, etc. and our hotel is a boutique hotel. We have gone to Chaweng once, we have booked 3 trips in a travel office, and a minibus came every time to pick us up at our hotel and they also brought as back after the trips. Moreover, there is one restaurant (I-Talay Nasai Garden) in 5mins walking and another (Five Islands) in 12mins of walking, all of them are very good. You should find out what you really want and choose a hotel accordingly. The only negative point is taxi is very expensive (mainly compared to Bangkok), we went to Chaweng for 200THB/person in a minibus.
In overall, the hotel was a perfect choice for 6 young people, who spent 1 week on Ko Samui relaxing, swimming, snorkelling, diving, hiking, eating out, watching marvellous sunsets.
Many thanks for the whole staff who also made our holiday very precious and amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui