“Christmas Yoga retreat.”
Review of Marga Yoga

Marga Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated on one of the quietest and most beautiful areas of Koh Samui, our yoga retreat centre is the ideal place for joining a yoga class or a wellness retreat or to stop for a vegetarian or vegan meal and The Soul Food Cafe' inside our premises. Relaxation is a must with a fresh juice while lying on our deck chairs on the beautiful Taling Ngam Beach. Our yoga sala is situated on the beach front while healthy meals can be consumed at the cafe or at a shady area on the beach.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Yoga retreat.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at Marga Yoga on Koh Samui, Thailand for a one week Yoga Retreat. It was over the recent Christmas period (2013). It was a wonderful way to spend the week – a good balance of serious yoga and meditation with festive and fun activities.

For example: on Christmas day itself, we went snorkelling and picnicking on a beautiful beach, but only after an exhilarating yoga session! The food was good quality vegetarian, with a few meat options, although in fact, the group I was with, even the hardened carnivores, avoided the meat options because the vegie choices were so good! There was lots of fresh fruit, lots of varied salads and local vegetables, and most of all, a choice between the very spicy Thai food or more restrained and bland for the faint of heart foreigner!

The free time between yoga sessions was passed very happily because the Yoga Centre is right next to a simple beach, great for relaxing, walking or swimming. Best of all was the opportunity to do Yoga twice a day with expert tuition and a very serene and friendly atmosphere. At the end of the week, we were all fitter, calmer and had made some very good friendships.

I went with my daughter, as we were coming to terms with a Christmas without a much loved mother and grandmother, so we were hoping for something that would help us bear our loss. We would both recommend it highly as a great place for yoga, and a lovely alternative way to spend Christmas.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Alison C

Guangzhou
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yoga, meditation, yummy food, (and a dog called Aum).”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've long wanted to try a yoga retreat, and chose Marga Yoga on the net after seeing positive reviews. I chose Yoga Holidays stay - Good decision - a, nice, quiet and relaxing stay. Simona's a great yoga teacher ! Perfect place to enjoy nice yoga sessions, matching your flexibility and yoga knowledge, try out meditation (harder than it looks!), savor very tasty, home cooked food (almost convinced me to go vegetarian :-) ) - with, on top, interesting and often funny conversation. Not to forget the massages, reiki session, temple visits ... and Aum, one of the best educated dogs I've met to date.
On the practical side, I was lodged on a nearby small resort (3 min away on a bike, 8 walking, and 5 walking through the beach), in a charming little bungalow with open roof shower/ bathroom (loved it, but they have closed one if it doesn't suit one's taste). Resort was quiet, and it has a small swimming pool, which comes very handy when the low tide makes it really too shallow to swim in the sea.
In conclusion, while I have no comparison base since it was my first ever yoga retreat, I would definitely recommend Marga Yoga for a nice, relaxing, learning yoga time - and I'm hoping to go back for another stay whenever possible ! Thanks Simona for a great stay :-)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Patricia O
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awakening to the life's purpose”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I came to Simona as a total destroyed person after a hardest situation in my life. With her help, wise advices and positiveness I have slowly gained power to continue and manage my life. Marga yoga retreat is a place where you can chill, relax, have an amazing time , learn yoga , meditations and I should not forget to mentioned delicious and original food. Simona is a great yoga teacher as a perfect cook! I definitely will come back there soon. THANK YOU SIMONA!

Visited September 2013
Flims Waldhaus
“Yoga and meditation day”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The day at Marga Yoga was absolutely great. I've learned so much about life by doing my hobby and I'm still thinking about it every day!! Thank you very, very much, Simona!! Hope to come back one day and I can just recommend it to everyone!!

Visited July 2013
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Serendipity!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was planning a trip to Koh Samui because I really needed a break from an exhausting winter. It was the first time to Thailand for me and I was looking for a quiet place not too expensive where I could face a ten days detox program. I found Marga Yoga web site by chance, and it looked like the perfect place to me, far from the chaotic center with loud music and pole dancers, in the quiet area of Taling Ngam where you can find the best sunsets ever. When I wrote to Simona to have some informations about my trip, I understood she was the teacher I was looking for, caring, helpful, and professional, and when I met her I just had the confirm. I spent 10 days with her doing yoga, meditation and eating 3 amazing raw meals a day she prepared for me (Simona worked as a cook in England for many many years before fully embracing the yoga philosophy and she really surprised me with her raw lasagna, fishless sushi, avocado and cashew cream for zucchini spaghetti and chocolate mousse! I couldn't stop taking pictures of the dishes! She taught me a lot about yoga, spirituality and life and she also made me laugh a lot!
Even if Thailand is not a place that, in the end, I can say I like, for many reasons, that retreat changed me somehow and I have to thank Simona for that.
I fully recommend it.