InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
$723
Trip.com
Easy Time Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$36
$109
$95
Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$40
$36
Agoda.com
The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$122
$84
Sea Valley Hotel and Spa(Lipa Noi)(Great Value!)
$98
$76
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ban Suriya(Lipa Noi)
1,158 results
All reviewsamber restaurantmain buildingkids clubinfinity poolclub benefitsflames restaurantsuspension bridgestunning viewsbuggy servicethe cliffocean viewgolf buggiesspeed boatmain poollarge balconypersonal butlerfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Located in a very quite area of the island, the views of the property are just amazing. As soon as you enter the lobby you know you made the right decision. The room are spacious with wonderful ocean views. Restaurants and food are very good. The pool is located by the beach which you can reach be going down the steps or using the hotel buggy. We also used the steps (247) coming back up up for a slight workout. Have read some reviews where people complaint about the steps but we did not see it as a problem. For budget minded travelers there are a quite a few nice local Thai restaurants within walking distance on the beach or on the entrance of the property. Staff, as everywhere in Thailand, is very friendly and helpful. We can only recommend this property and will be back again.

Room Tip: Having the ocean view all day you might want to choose the basic rooms to sleep in. Don't pay to upgrade, take it if it's free. Alcohol is price like in the US, so expensive for Thailand.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear comppack,

Thank you so much for writing this review, what a pleasure to know that we made you feel enjoy your trip in Koh Samui and your stay at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” with “Million Dollar View”!

It is wonderful to know that you loved the different facilities and services of our resort. We work very hard on keeping consistent service standards and your review will inspire us to maintain yet keep innovating from a product point of view.

Rest assured that I will share your wonderful feedback with the entire team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Koh Samui for your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived here on 3/3/14-7/3/14 room 630 2 adults and 8 yr old daughter
The check in was very smooth,we had to wait for our room because it was not ready due to arriving before check in ,we was given a room to relax in until our room was ready.we had a cold towel and a cool drink when we arrived,we were given a room which I think was an upgrade to the one we originally booked because it was a bigger room to accommodate our daughter so that an extra bed could be put in the room.we were above the lobby area up in the hills which was loveley and peacefully we had a huge balcony with lots of comfy furniture , this wasn't a problem ,you just ring for a golf buggy and they would come and fetch you.the staff here are amazing,very attentive ,polite friendly.the food is delicious also breakfast was of the highest quality,as special mention to the bell boy Chalerm maeaim (Zar) he was super very friendly and has a great sense of humor,he is a credit to this hotel, also (pan) the butler she is also super she is also a credit to this hotel.the views here are really breathtaking.the beach is very clean and clear to swim in.the restaurants was also very good.we met the head chef mr t he made the best food ever,he is also a credit to the hotel.the food here is reasonably price considering it is a five star hotel I would give it more than five stars,there is seven pools here we have been to most of them and they are truly amazing,they are never crowded,lots is sun beds to choose from and towels waiting on them with a flower in the middle,the service on the beach is excellent they bring you cold drinks of water with lemon in them which is really nice.our room was fantastic very comfortable beds and luxury toiletries ,house keeping do a fantastic job here our room was spotless everyday fresh towels fresh bedding plenty of bottled water,so thank you to housekeeping,we met the manager to he was very nice.i have posted pics to see more of this magnificent hotel,we had a fantastic time here it is so relaxing,so thank you to all at the intercontinental for making our holiday a special one, also just wanted to point out that some of the reviewers have issues with the service but in my experience the is no issues the staff here are reall wonderfully and couldn't do enough for you.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear wendyNorthWalesUk,

On behalf of InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Family, I would like to thank you for your great feedback! It makes us very proud and motivates us to continue providing superior quality and personalized hospitality to our guests.

I would also like to thank you for praising our associates’ professionalism, they work hard to exceed all expectations and to provide our guests with the traditional warmth of Thai hospitality. Rest assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with the entire team, especially Zar from Bell Boy and Pan, the resort butler!

We don’t have to wait very long for your second visit to our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I went to this resort on our honeymoon back in February 2004. What a place! This place is rated 6 stars (indulgence). You get an entire double story house to yourself with fantastic ocean views. We even had our own pool to share with about 4 other houses, which was separate from the main pool. The house was superb and made from local resources that really made it authentic and luxurious.
There are two restaurants that serve great quality food, one at the pool and another more formal dining area located closer to the entrance of the resort; both with great views.
The staff were excellent in tending to our needs and would always be courteous. If we wanted to go anywhere in the resort we could ring reception and they would come and pick us up in a golf buggy and take us there. There was a real intimate feel about the resort.
The resort is situated in a quiet area, not far from the town of Nathan, which has loads of restaurants, etc.
My wife and I had a massage provided by the resort, which is by far the best we've ever had. The staff were professional and knew what they were doing.
We normally don't return to places we visit simply because there is too much of the world to see, but if you were to ask me where I would revisit then this resort would be on the list.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Tonz74,

Thank you so much for writing us an incredible review! Your review was an absolute pleasure to read! The detail of your positive comments about our property and service is very much appreciated by our entire team. I will share your kind words of appreciation with them!

I am very proud to read that you love our resort during your honeymoon stay where you can feel relaxed at your “Divine” in Koh Samui with spectacular views over the Gulf of Thailand.

It has been our joy and privilege to serve you and your husband and we look forward to being of service to you again when your next return to Koh Samui.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed with my partner in the Interconti Samui for the last two nights of our Thailand vacation. The hotel itself is breathtaking when you arrive. The view is just wonderful and the overall atmosphere is really something special. We have booked a premier sea-view room which is located in the top-floor of the actual hotel building. The room itself is really nice and the seaview is really great. What I didn't really like was the terrace. First of all it was not really clean, i.e. the sunbed was dirty and the floor was covered with dirt. Secondly the windows could also need some kind of cleaning... But anyway we liked the room. The floors of the hotel are rather dark and could need some more light and maybe a different color / style as they appear quite ugly in comparison to the other hotel areas.

Something which really has to be improved is the service. Even though I informed the hotel in advance of my estimated arrival time the room was not ready until 4pm. This can always happen but somehow I felt as if the staff was not sure what to do. When the reception told us that the room is now ready we went to the room just to learn that the room was not ready yet as the housekeeping was still cleaning the floor. Information flow needs to be improved for sure! Anyway the lady who showed us the room (Mai) did a great job and I really want to thank her for her superiour service! She even said some words in German to us as she realized that we are from Germany. Coming back to the service: The first night we had dinner in the Amber restaurant and did not reserve in advance. It was clear that we don't get the most prefered table but we really got a strange table even though some other better tables were not occupied the whole evening. The service was really slow and it took more than 15min to order the drinks. From my point of view there were too few people to serve the guests. The other night we went down to the Flames restaurant which offered a far better service which was fast and efficient. But sadly the waiter could not really answer the questions as his english was not good enough. In addition there was one water too much on the bill which is always a bit annoying that you have to double-check each bill for errors.

On the positive side, the service at the main pool (at the beach) was really great, the staff brought free water and were supportive all the time!

Summary: It's really worth staying at the Interconti Samui because of this special location. It would make much more fun to stay there if the service was better!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bip98
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear bip98,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly am sorry to hear that our service was not up to expectations. The areas for improvement have been brought to the attention of the respective department heads to share with the team. We will work harder on these very important aspects.

I do apologize for the cleanliness as well. I have passed these feedbacks to Director of Housekeeping to improve these issues.

In other side, I’m happy to hear that you love our nice view room and our beach pool service. I will share your kind words of appreciation with them, especially Mai!

Dear bip98, I sincerely thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we will continue to work hard and strive to meet every guest expectation. I do genuinely look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed four (4) nights in an ocean front villa..! From the moment we stepped aboard the speed boat to take us to the resort ... walked in and saw the view from atop the hills .. To the air bar sunsets .. And selection of breakfast and dinner shows .. This place is amazing!! Special mention to our very own butler 'Teddy' .. The entire experience was top notch..! We will be back..!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Seamus K,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had an “Absolutely phenomenal experience” stay with warm welcomed from our team at “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” where gain the World Leading Luxury Resort Awards 2013 by World Travel Awards and love our culinary. Rest assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with the entire team, especially Teddy!

Thank you once again for your encouraging words of appreciation, we all sincerely hope to welcome you back to our resort very soon for your next vacation in Thailand!