Being a seasoned traveller travelling to places like maldives (4 seasons) hong kong (peninsula, mandarin hotel) and after having read previous reviews with this hotel, I thought to experience it with my sister.
1.If you've never been snorkelling, then taking a boat out to snorkelling sites could be a wonder, though myself being an experienced deep-sea-snorkeller found it a bit of a let down and snorkelling sites were over crowded. If you are a beginner snorkeler then the snorkelling is great, just watch you don't bump into anyone or another boat as there's quite a lot of traffic.
2. Regarding the room: There really needs to be improvement with the room dept, as many of the sockets, lights and gadgets were not working, it was only after persistent complaints, was it rectified.
3. Concierge really needs a wake-up call. The information given like restaurant opening times were incorrect, telephone numbers were incorrect and just generally, communication really needs a spring clean. For example it got to a point where my sister tonight (as I'm still here for another two days) had to start raising her voice, as the concierge girl on duty was so irritating with a bad attitude. As I was having a severe stomach ache and only wanted a hot water bottle and talking to the lady concierge, was like talking to a brick wall even though I double checked she understood my english, she just was not helping me solve a problem. In light of that, to be honest, I wouldn't want to have a medical emergency here. It was only after my sister started raising her voice, that she received attention and the problem was resolved.
4. Another wake-up, that the GM needs to know about, is the basic running of the hotel that needs attention. Even a simple wake-up call, for our early morning private speed boat trip, did not come through. There was no morning call, which is not good enough for a five star hotel.
On this note I would like to thank meow, the new butler who only recently started working at this resort a few days ago. She was here, along with her previous supervisor (who happened to be passing through, before moving on to vietnam) was apologetic and trying her best to resolve the many problems that we encountered.
5. A highlight of the trip was taking the speed boat out to have lunch on a private island was lovely as was the tour guide Aood, who also served the meal.
6. The spa was great, they communicated very well and have the correct attitude, my hat off to them, perhaps other departments can receive some running tips from them.
Ps. If you don't like walking far to the lobby, try to stay in rooms 101-109, close to the lobby, otherwise you'll be walking everywhere. These collection of rooms have stunning views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui