InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
$109
$95
$725
Orbitz.com
Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$40
$36
TripAdvisor
The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$122
$107
TripAdvisor
Sea Valley Hotel and Spa(Lipa Noi)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Easy Time Resort(Taling Ngam)
Hotels.com
Ban Suriya(Lipa Noi)
1,158 results
All reviewsamber restaurantmain buildingkids clubinfinity poolclub benefitsflames restaurantsuspension bridgestunning viewsbuggy servicethe cliffocean viewgolf buggiesspeed boatmain poollarge balconypersonal butlerfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had been to this resort since it was called Le Meridien then Baan Taling Ngam and now Intercontinental and It's getting better each time I visit the place.

The location was nice, beautiful and peaceful. The sunset there was wonderful.

The food at Amber was very delicious.

The price was very reasonable. Great Value!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Air-Thai-Life
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Air-Thai-Life,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review of our resort, “Some legends just get better”, it is a hidden gem we find that those who discover it return for more!

On behalf of the entire Intercontinental Samui family I would like to thank you for your continued patronage! It is always great to hear our repeat guests continue to create enduring memories, and we thank you for recommending the Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort to the many readers of our Tripadvisor page. I take note of the fact that you are returning very soon. I do look forward to catching up. Until then safe travels.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Amazing hotel! Dramatic setting, great food, activities, beautiful hotel rooms. This was the best hotel weve ever stayed at! Coolest pools, rope bridge./We wish we would have spent our whole stay at the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: Beach front pool villas were amazing! Only negative would be the hike to get to the main hotel lobby!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aleteat
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Aleteat,

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your heartfelt comments about InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort; we are truly delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you to your “Home on a Beautiful Cliff” in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here recently and was absolutely blown away by the setting. As soon as you arrive you are met with the most amazing views over the sea and for us it couldn't have been better timed as the sun was setting which made it even more spectacular.

I stayed in an ocean view room and it was very spacious, and had the most amazing bathroom I have ever seen.

The Sky bar is superb and a great way to end a day, laying on the double sun beds with a cocktail in hand watching the sun set.

I loved this hotel so much that I will be booking shortly to return with my family next year.

This is definitely one of those hotels that should be on your top ten list of places to stay in before you die. Truly outstanding setting, staff and ambience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GFOSTFOS

Dear GFOSTFOS,

Thank you so much for writing this great review on the InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, a “wow beauty at its best” is surely one of the nice compliments for us!

I am glad to hear that our associates delivered what they train and practice. Your kind words have been shared with the entire team.

It was a true pleasure having you here and we look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our 2 bedroom villa was fantastically furnished with 2 verandahs that overlooked the expanse of the ocean. The sunsets were spectacular!! With the beautiful sunny weather we were thankful for the large quantities of free water bottles that were replenished in our villa each day.
Well it's your choice ...be active or unwind at the beautiful spa, various pools and bars. The freshness and quality of the food and the menus had us looking forward to meal times with joy!! I don't think I have been anywhere in which the Executive Chef is visible and willing to spend a few precious minutes interacting with visitors to the resort. Also to,the Managers of the other restaurants and their staff. Everyone could not have been more accommodating in looking after our needs. Thank you to all the staff at the Intercontinental Koh Samui - a blissful time!

Room Tip: 'A Villa with magnificent views'
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nerida B

Dear Nerida B,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback on your stay here with us at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the privacy of your own Two-Bedroom Panoramic View Villa, yet you also took the time to explore the many services we offer and to a variety of culinary experiences! Our Executive Chef and his team were truly delighted to hear that you remembered and appreciated their service.

Thank you once more for your review, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The view from the lobby in this hotel is amazing. As platinum elite with club benefits we were made extremely welcome by our butler Nicolas. Check in was prompt and welcoming. We then had a few hiccups. I had booked many months previously and was extremely disappointed to be shown to a 2 bedroom villa with no view at all. Maybe our status did not deserve a view!!. Nicolas however was very nice and showed us another villa lower down with great views. Compromise was that one bedroom only had twin beds however we decided to take the view.
We lost water on first night and also had only a dribble of cold water for showers. After a couple of attempts problem solved.the villa seemed a bit run down but it does seem as though renovations are in progress
Before I move on to the great things about this place a couple of other comments.
The linen I found to be of very poor quality but beds comfortable.
Wi Fi was quite good.
There is no separate club area and very limited canapés with drinks. After 3 nights at the Intercon. In Bangkok where the array of canapés is amazing we were again a bit disappointed.
Decking on our villa needs replacing and some boards are actually lifting up.
The hotel is not easy to get around initially but once you get yourself orientated it is fine and the buggy service was excellent.
HOWEVER I can not speak highly enough of our butler Nicolas. A great young man who went out of his way to make us happy. All the staff at this hotel are happy and friendly and once we had settled in knew exactly what we liked to eat and drink.
The afternoon tea is incredible and congratulations to the Australian chef.
Beach food and service was of a high standard.
Breakfast was fabulous and we had an enjoyable meal at Amber.
The hotel does need to offer more dining options due to its isolation which we were told is happening soon.
The room service menu does offer much more variety and is very reasonably priced for a 5* hotel as are all the other dining options.
We discovered a beach restaurant called I Talay which was cheap and easy and close by.
The Red Pool next to our villa was also out of service so we had to either use beach pool or infinity pool but no,problem as both are great.
Spa is great and very welcoming and relaxing.
Koh Samui is probably not a place I would go back to but of course is maybe due to my preference for Bali and Jimbaran Bay ICH
Again thank you Nicolas and the lovely staff

Room Tip: Stay here if you don't want to be near the tourist area
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ceecee018
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear ceecee018,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this kind review and for sharing your overall positive experience online. I am very proud to read that our associates’ special attention and warm hospitality played an essential part in your memorable holiday experience and I will surely share your words of appreciation with the team, especially Nicolas, our great young man, they work hard to exceed all expectations and to provide our guests with the traditional warmth of Thai hospitality!

A dribble of shower’s cold water did not reach in your villa does not reflect InterContinental standards that we strive hard to maintain, please accept my sincere apologies. The Engineering department has been informed of this feedback. Regarding your comment on the afternoon tea, we have to follow our IHG policy and standards for resort, but however we will note about this as well as the dining options and room service menu.

We are truly delighted that you had such a great vacation with us in Koh Samui and hope to welcome you back in the near future.