Actually we did not stay at this hotel, we were staying at the Anantara Lawana on Chewang beach, however we were so disappointed with the beach there that we spent two whole days at the Intercontinental hotel with our friends so feel qualified to pass an opinion on this hotel.
Location & Layout
The hotel is fairly isolated on the West coast of Samui, but Chewang can be reached within 45 minutes by hotel bus or taxi (700-800 bts), however its position and design is really impressive.
Constructed on a hillside the villas are spread from top of the hill to the beach. The reception (near the top) and associated bars and restaurants exude "cool" with great views and sunsets.
The many golf buggies pick you up from the villas and move you around the hotel and down to the beach section; this comprises a great pool, stylish restaurant and a great beach.
For a multi-level hotel, it flows really well.
We only saw our friends two bedroom villa. The bedrooms were large en-suite and well finished, the living room was massive (1,000 sq ft?) with all the toys and in very good condition.
A good sandy beach. The water is shallow at low tide but swimming water can always be reached by the pier. Complementary canoes and hobicats are available from very helpful beach staff.
Also of note
300m down the beach to the north of the hotel is a great "backpacker" bar - good food, cheap beer and a nice desert island feel.
Very close are also the Five Islands Restaurant and the adjacent Island Restaurant; we ate the latter - superb Thai food (we tried 10 dishes) at "local" prices .
Would be go again?
We were guests this time - next time we are in Samui we will be booking into this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui