If you are looking for a high quality, peaceful resort that has stunning views then this is the place for you. We stayed 12 days (children 14, 11, and 8) in the first two weeks of July and enjoyed our stay immensely.
From the delicious wide variety of food (a great credit to chef Luke and his team) to the lush, beautiful gardens, we couldn't really fault this hotel or its wonderful staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The management team led by the two Stephans is hands-on, visible and make a special effort to makes guests feel welcome.
Thankfully the resort has no mind-numbing, noisy jet skis so you can relax on the beach or by the pool (both large pools are excellent and there are other smaller pools scattered around the villas) . Like other resorts on the island there is coral although you can swim nearby and it has a great pier to jump off into clear water.
Both restaurants are good (particularly Amber) and the breakfast bufet is exceptional. The chefs are enthusiastic and obviously take great pride in what they produce for guests. If one could offer a suggestion it might be to have one adiditional restaurant at the resort offering particular food (e.g. Italian or Japanese). This would provide additional choice in terms of venues and may lead to even more people dining in-house.
Some activities such as yoga and things like shuttle buses could probably be complimentary or be part of the overall package (good PR for Intercontinental anyway) but these are very minor issues.
Some might think that Taling Ngam, compared to other places on the island, is comparatively isolated but we found the hotel's location to be an asset. There is no over development and the views are spectacular. There are not only regular shuttle buses but you can easily rent a car (dropped directly outside the lobby) which we did a number of times and be in nearby towns within a short space of time. The concierge is very helpful. Santiburi golf course at Mae Nam (30 mins away) is highly recommended although expensive (best to play Wednesdays at half price).
Overall, we had a wonderful time and would certainly return. Indeed, we felt fortunate to be stay at such a high quality respirt. Thanks to all the team at Intercontinental for making our visit so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui