Voted as "one of the top 1000 places you have to visit before you die .." by the NYT.
And truly it is spectacular. It's position on a hillside with a gorgeous beach few and far between. It's rooms and villa are very spacious and comfortable and the Spa is also great.
Food was excellent although you pay for what you get.
My only "But", is that as a Club Intercontinental guest I was frustrated with their lack of understanding of the philosophy of Why one chooses to be a Club guest. That is, you want to enjoy the hotel and its services (and so you pay More) but you don't want to be reminded about the cost of everything.
Eg. For them to always count how many people are accompanying you for Club perks, or even try to charge you.. (unjustifiably) and have to explain what Club means...
Anyway, I suspect its a learning curve because my other Club experiences elsewhere were faultless.
This is a great place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui