Sibaja Palms Sunset Beach Resort
$100
Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$32
$29
Agoda.com
Easy Time Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$30
$25
The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$163
$129
Phangka Paradise Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$66
$61
Am Samui Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$35
$27
Agoda.com
Villa Giacomelli(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
$12
$894
$804
$439
$402
Villa Beige(Taling Ngam)
$537
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunset beach resortkoh samuiisland viewwalking distanceswimming poolprivate gymgreat places to eat nearbynice quiet holidaybooked directlyrooms villamartial artsnice apartmentamazing daysbrilliant hostsyour doorsteparranged everythingexplore the island
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We really enjoy our stay at Sibaja, if you search for some relax and want to avoid crowd in Ko Samui, you have to stay here.

Wilfried and Brenda were really helpfull, i had an hearplug and Brenda don't hesitate to go to pharmacy bringing me some medicine to help me and to calm pain. That's why you get here, a real personnal service and it is more than appreciable !

About rooms, it's all OK for me and you'll have a nice stay here !

Thanks again for all, we will recommend it for our friends if they are coming in Samui !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children) stayed in a villa at Sibaja Palms for 6 nights in June 2014. We chose Sibaja Palms based on Tripadvisor reviews with statements such as "steps away from the beach" and "private sun deck". After reading these reviews I erroneously believed that the 3 bedroom villa would open onto the beach. I had little daydreams of my family eating breakfast on our villa's private sun deck and when the kids had had enough they would run down to the beach and play, while we lazily sipped our coffee and waved to them. This was my error. The beach is not visible from the villa and is approximately 50m down a gravel path. The private sundeck is lovely and is next to the beach (also 50m down the path) and for the use of Sibaja Palms guests.

I also assumed that the villa would be a free-standing accommodation. Again, my error. I would describe the villa as a 2 story, 3 bedroom, clean and spacious apartment that opens onto a sparkling communal pool. There is no private garden, no sea views and no outdoor dining area. There is a small patio on the ground floor at the rear of the villa that overlooks the main house's driveway from the road. From the outside it looks like their are 1st floor balconies but these are just decorative.

The beach itself was quite dirty and not very nice (but then- we might be beach snobs because we are used to gorgeous Aussie beaches!) We went swimming at the beach on our first day and all ended up with a mystery, sticky, tar-like substance stuck to our feet. It was insanely hard to get off. I got some on my thongs and it is till there a month later- a little souvenir! We didn't go swimming at the beach again.

Wilfred was very helpful in getting movies for us to watch and Brenda helped us to hire a car, but we found it very hard to find staff during most of our stay. Breakfast times, room cleaning and re-stocking of coffee were pretty hit-and-miss. We put our washing in the hamper to be cleaned 2 days before we were leaving (they require 2 days) and unfortunately that day no one came to our room at all. We got the washing done down the road so no worries.

We found breakfast to be pretty simple and boring and found a staff member to ask for some variation such as Thai food (we are in Thailand!) and got a straight out "No". The next day breakfast didn't arrive at 8am as requested so at 9am I called Wilfred (after not being able to track down a staff member) who said he was in Bangkok so would call the kitchen. Breakfast arrived at 9.15 which was fortunate because we were getting picked up at 9.30.

All up, the accommodation is clean and spacious and great for eating inside and watching movies. Our family were hoping for a lazy Thailand beach holiday and we were disappointed because the villa didn't feel a part of Thailand or beachy at all, but instead was a nice apartment next to a pool that could be anywhere. I can see that Sibaja Palms would be some peoples dream holiday destination but it was just not that for my family.

Also, hire a car when you get here- you need one!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank sugarbooger77
Wilfred R, General Manager at Sibaja Palms Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Family Sugarbooger77, I feel sorry to read that your dreams didn't come true staying in our Resort.
BUT, on our website you can read/see that the Villas are not situated directly on the beach.
It's only 30 walking seconds!
I'am sorry to hear that you think a Villa of 120 m2 (3 bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms) looks like an Apartment to you!
It's nice you put your dirty wash in a box, but we are not responsable for this.
That's why we have a washmachine in the kitchen of the Villa for you (free of charge!).
And if you prefer a laundry service, you have to tell us!
Sorry, but I think you will understand that we can't take your dirty wash without knowing!
We still arrange a continental breakfast for our customers, and they can choose what they like.
That's why we not only make all different sorts of eggs wich you prefer, but also pancakes and tosti's for your childeren.
You are the first in 7 years who is asking about a Thai breakfast!
For all customers we have daily complementary Tea & Coffee, but I hope you will understand this is not unlimited!
So if you like to drink this during the whole day, you have to buy this yourself!
I think you will understand that we are a little bit surprised of this review, because we talked several times with each other and you never mentioned anything you wrote!
Strange !!!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have recently had a most enjoyable stay at Sibaja Palms. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here when in Ko Samui. Brenda and Wilfred are great, friendly hosts with excellent local knowledge and useful tips for excursions and places to visit. They are backed up by a friendly small team who keep everything clean and organised inside and out. Apartments are well-equipped from the kitchen to living room and bathrooms and bedrooms. Nearby is a friendly local restaurant (The Island View) on the beach with fantastic fresh food at good prices. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer than 3 days. In retrospect I would have stayed at Sibaja Palms for our whole week on Ko Samui and rented a car to get around the island.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We spent 10 days at the Sibaja Palms during May 2014, and had a fantastic time. The apartment was very spacious, very clean, with a big living area and bathrooms, a very well equipped kitchen if you wanted to cook, and had satellite television, a home theatre sound system with DVD player and films to use and watch free of charge, which included some films for the children, which was great for them when winding down at the end of the day.
Although the resort is quite remote from most places, this suited us and did not matter, as you need to hire a car to explore Ko Samui anyhow, and car hire is extremely cheap. If you ask the owner Brenda she will gladly arrange a car for you using a local and professional company called Samui Hire (http://samuihire.com/) - They offer extremely competitive rates (I checked!) and good quality vehicles.
The swimming pool at the resort is relatively small, but it is very nice and well kept, and just a 1 minute walk away from the apartment is a beautiful beach with very warm water. The beach from the resort has quite a few underwater rocks, but don't let this deter you from going in the water, as this makes it very good for snorkelling. There is also a small sandbank just some 10 feet off the beach from the resort which the children loved to play on.
Within easy walking distance of the hotel there are about 4 restaurants, one of which, The Island View Restaurant, is currently rated on Trip Advisor as number 8 of all the restaurants in Ko Samui - It is very nice and the food and service is very good, but is very expensive by Koh Samui standards and when compared with other local restaurants. The money you would spend if you ate at The Island View every day would pay for your hire car, which then enables you to get out and see more of this beautiful island 
Once you have a hire car, you can then explore the island at your leisure. You can drive around the whole island in about 1 hour, and visit many of the tourist attractions and fantastic restaurants that the island has to offer.
Breakfast was served in our room each day at the resort, and the owner Brenda was very accommodating when it came to what the children wanted to eat and what time we wanted breakfast.
There is a lovely sun terrace at the resort, which is right on the beach and is very peaceful, which is one of the big advantages of going to small resort such as this, as you will not have trouble finding a sun lounger. You can sit on the sun terrace within easy view of the children on the beach, and relax without worry!
I would highly recommend that you arrange your airport pick up through the resort, as their driver know the exact location of the resort and it is almost half the price of using the airport taxis – Bargain 
I have no complaints about the Sibaja Palms whatsoever, and if I was to return to Koh Samui I would definitely stay here again, without hesitation, and would like to offer my thanks to the owners Wilfred and Brenda for their lovely resort making it such a pleasant stay for all our family 

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ibbo1966
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a small resort offering quiet retreat from other more famous Ko Samui touristy places. Appartements are very clean and well equiped. There are only 2 downsides: rooms are squized inside walls of owner property and beach is very narrow, during tide it could be measured in centimetres. Otherwise it is placed in very beautiful east coast with spectacular sunsets. Children did not have a problem playing around, there are toys for them to use. Brenda , the caretaker, is very, very kind and helpful and will go extra mile to make your stay easy. Just ask and it will be done. We, a family with 2 small boys, enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family