“Fantastic food”
Review of La Cuisine - CLOSED

La Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Close to the Intercontinental Hotel inBaan Taling Ngam La Cuisine propose only French gastronomy, in a lovely typical Thai village *Foie gras mi-cuit Snail fricassee * Sweetbread with morels * Angus Beef fillet cep mushroom sauce * Veal kidneys old style mustard sauce * Monk fish Champagne and truffles beurre blanc * Scallops in " mille feuille * Home made ice cream and fresh pastries * On request, Fresh local lobsters * Large choice of french wines * Our restaurant do not accept a lot of people so for a romantic and quiet dinner in one of the last authentic Thai village, we preconise to book your table * La Cuisine is 15 metter of the beach in Baan Taling Ngam Village, through the elephant gate next to the temple. Apology no credit card
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This little place near to the Intercontinental Hotel is an absolute gem. The food at the hotel is good, but it is nothing compared to the high standard of French Cuisine available here. The owner, Jerome, was a delightful host and managed to cater for us even though two of his staff members were absent. The foie-gras was superb, as were the scallops. My daughter and I opted for the Angus steaks which came with a sauce of cep mushrooms, foie-gras and truffles. Oh my goodness - I wish I was eating it now! Without a doubt, one of the best meals that I have ever had, and we have travelled extensively in France. I can understand the point of view of some of the reviewers regarding the price - but, you get what you pay for, and this was worth it. By Thai standards, this is expensive. Our meals at the Intercontinental Hotel were the same price, but absolutely not even close to the quality. And please remember that the import costs for small businesses getting quality products into Thailand means that the costs for this type of food are going to be more than at the local beach huts selling green curry.

jerome c, Propriétaire at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear NiniBee,

Thank you very much for your very nice review and had choose La Cuisine for one of your dinner in Koh Samui.

All the best to your husband and daughter.

Best regards, Jerome

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We returned to La Cuisine as part of my "significant birthday" celebrations - and were thrilled with how the evening well. Jerome was the perfect host, all of the food was delicious and we all had a great time. We will be back.

jerome c, Propriétaire at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Matthew,

Thank you one more time to came back to La Cuisine and had choose my restaurant for your birthday celebration and also for a family lunch.

We hope to see you soon back in the country of smile.

Warm regards to you and your beloved family.

Jerome

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stunning location, lovely welcoming restaurant, delicious french food and good wine which suited all our dishes.Had an amazing time here.

jerome c, Propriétaire at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Paco

Many thanks for your very kind review and had appreciate your fench dinner.

We hope to see you soon back in Koh Samui.

Best regards

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After a couple of days at a large Hotel nearby we were ready for a more intimate dining experience. And La Cuisine did not disappoint. Some French guests from our Hotel were there when we arrived. They have dined at La Cuisine many times on different occasions, and visits to Koh Samui, so I knew we'd arrived at a good place.
Jerome, our host, was welcoming and an interesting man. His wife has a great little boutique opposite the restaurant so we were able to hit up some retail therapy in between ordering and eating. She is also French and was away on business whilst we were there. Her clothes are tres cool.
The foie gras was delicious, I couldn't finish it. We also shared a scallop dish en croute, followed by Angus beef and veal kidneys and sweetbreads. Our daughter was presented with a great selection of pastries and chose a magnificent chocolate eclair. Jerome gave us a complimentary Gewurtztraminer sorbet and amazing macaroons with our coffee.
And then drove us home when our Hotel was unable to help with a transfer.
What more could you ask for?
Merci Jerome xx

Follo

jerome c, Propriétaire at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Melissa86 ,

Thank you very much to have choose La Cuisine for one of your diner in Koh Samui, and had appreciate the " atmosphere " .

Your review is very important for my team and I , so one more time a very big thank you to you and your lovely family.

We hope to see you again at La Cuisine.

Warm regards, Jerome

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Every time I go to Samui I pay a visit to la Cuisine and this time again food and atmosphere were amazing. The most amazing is to be able to deliver such good quality food in such a cozy quiet little place.
For me definitely the best french restaurant in Samui.

jerome c, Propriétaire at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Paul Fourc,

Thank you very much for your very kind review the reward of our work is the loyalty of your visits.

I hope to see you soon back to Samui,

All the best, Jerome