“one of the best resturants in koh samui”
Review of La Cuisine - CLOSED

La Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Close to the Intercontinental Hotel inBaan Taling Ngam La Cuisine propose only French gastronomy, in a lovely typical Thai village *Foie gras mi-cuit Snail fricassee * Sweetbread with morels * Angus Beef fillet cep mushroom sauce * Veal kidneys old style mustard sauce * Monk fish Champagne and truffles beurre blanc * Scallops in " mille feuille * Home made ice cream and fresh pastries * On request, Fresh local lobsters * Large choice of french wines * Our restaurant do not accept a lot of people so for a romantic and quiet dinner in one of the last authentic Thai village, we preconise to book your table * La Cuisine is 15 metter of the beach in Baan Taling Ngam Village, through the elephant gate next to the temple. Apology no credit card
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

that place is so good that the minute you step in the resturant you feel like you left thiland and you are now in france... very recomnded....

1  Thank the-one-who-got-away
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear the-one-who-got-away

Thank you very much for your very kind review.

We hope to see you soon back in Koh Samui.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 24, 2013

that place is so good that the minute you step inside, you forget the you are in thiland and you feel like you steped into a franch bistro...

Reviewed August 29, 2013

After a meeting in a starred resort close to this basic place in the middle of nowhere, I wanted to try it, although not interested in the foie gras that makes its reputation, and is 'quite good', at a 'cough-price', according to my (educated chef) friend who had it before. We arrived without reservation, and obviously woke up the chef(!?) (no other customers that evening). Jerome wanted to sell his favourites, even asking several times didn't bring us a menu, he insisted everything was imported-fresh-top-quality. Except the odd new-world ones, he'll advise you not to take, all wines are French, quality, at horrendous prices, we went basic and Jerome didn't like it.... We chose for beef filet with cepes and sweatbreads with morilles (no fries available). We were surprised to get our meal less than 8min. after ordering, in the middle of our aperitive, huh, 'fresh'?! The beef was sour, my friend gave it to the only living creature around, a street dog. My sweetbreads were actually quite nice, thouh small. The annouced wealth of veggies (3 baby carrots and 3 asparagus, crunchy) and mashed potatoe at least anonymous. The home-made 'patisserie' we took as dessert (not much available) could have been very nice, not at room temp.30°C... The coffee basic. The pousse café offered, to push down a lead heavy bill at the level of top, really fresh(-ly made), French haute-cuisine in BKK. When you know your food, try it, when invited by a snob throwing money away, or go for Samui's best, for less money... Stars though for the local assistant/ 2nd cook/ server: attentionate, mannered, friendly, good job!

6  Thank Chriskap
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Chriskap

I am very sorry for your friend if his beef fillet was so bad, but why did you not said me some thing, is it possible to have a bad delivery or something wrong in the cooking.

On an over side I do not understand every thing in your comment " I did not like your choose, because you had " the basic wine " and for the same dinner I had offered " the pousse cafe " strange is t it ????

Yes in my restaurant we do not serve french fries and will never serve. ( also I do not have spaghetti , waterzoi or fried rice )

I am not Joel Robuchon and my cook is very far of his quality, but he did with a simple " ecrasee de pomme de terre " a monument of the french gastronomy.

I prefer to serve ecrasee de pomme de terre with the sweetbread than french fries is it an offense to the gastronomy ???

My foie gras is good thank you very much, at a 'cough-price' you wrote for sure is it possible to make it with Hungarian liver but the taste is not the same.

The pastries was good but served at " room temp " I think you make a mistake as the sweets in my restaurant are presented in a refrigerated display case ( is place is 1 meter of your table ).

I do not want to discuss about wine, as not expensive wines are available in my restaurant for exemple a glass of white Chilean sauvignon at 160 THB.

The 60 Thai people who live in the neighborhood are very happy to know than where is only street dog living in Taling Ngam.

Mister Chriskap when I read that you can write about one of my competitor who served an french set menu 4 courses for 1200 THB I understand your problem you want french food for Thai price and this is impossible !!!!

Tank you to have wake up me this July evening ?????

And also thank you for your very kind comment regarding Khun Komsan my staff.

in old french language Serviteur Monsieur

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Highly recommended if you are looking for a more personal and homey experience unlike the commercial establishments of which there are plenty in Koh Samui. The owner-chef Jerome came across as genuine and friendly, very passionate about his cooking -- plus many other things in life :) Jerome was quick to point out that the snails would not be a good choice after he checked the quality of the ingredients. Despite the rather limited menu all of our choices turned out to be excellent. The foie grai which he personally imported from Toulouse through his uncle(?) was particularly memorable, buttery smooth texture with wonderful flavors -- definitely way better than the one we had at Saffron which is a much more upmarket fine dining place. The sorbet dessert made from a "secret" recipe was also a pleasant surprise (and yes, we guessed it right!) Last but not the least, Jerome was also kind enough to prepare a simple but tasty birthday cake for my wife, despite our last minute notice. Again, we were lucky to chance upon this hidden restaurant in the middle of a small village. Thanks for a wonderful night!

P.S. check out the interesting boutique store opposite with clothes/bags/accessories designed by his wife.

Dear cktse

Thank you very much for your very kind comment and had choose La Cuisine for one of your dinner.

One more time " bravo to your wife " who is the only one who had found the secret of the sorbet.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was taken to La Cuisine by a friend on my first visit to Koh Samui. I was told the restaurant was a little different, the owner interesting and the food good so I was prepared for anything.
Jerome was a great host and explained his dishes well. We had the frois gras first and the bread selection with it was excellent. The portion was generous and very tasty.
I had beef for my main and my friend had fish. Both dishes were nicely presented and the sauces were divine. Mine was a mushroom sauce and I have not tasted anything that good for quite a while.
We were given a cooked apple and home made vanilla ice cream as a dessert and it was delicious! A lovely finish to the meal. We had a glass of wine each and that was perfectly adequate with the meal.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and appreciated something a little different.

jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear debbiecnz,

Thank you very much for your very kind review.

I hope to have you again at La Cuisine for your next holidays in Samui.

Best regards, Jerome