“The highlight of Taling Ngam”
Review of La Cuisine - CLOSED

La Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Close to the Intercontinental Hotel inBaan Taling Ngam La Cuisine propose only French gastronomy, in a lovely typical Thai village *Foie gras mi-cuit Snail fricassee * Sweetbread with morels * Angus Beef fillet cep mushroom sauce * Veal kidneys old style mustard sauce * Monk fish Champagne and truffles beurre blanc * Scallops in " mille feuille * Home made ice cream and fresh pastries * On request, Fresh local lobsters * Large choice of french wines * Our restaurant do not accept a lot of people so for a romantic and quiet dinner in one of the last authentic Thai village, we preconise to book your table * La Cuisine is 15 metter of the beach in Baan Taling Ngam Village, through the elephant gate next to the temple. Apology no credit card
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After many attempts, I finally managed to make it to Baan Taling Ngam to taste Jerome's Cuisine.
I was not disappointed at all, not only Jerome is generous as a host, but his cuisine is what you may expect form a French Restaurant: simple yet amazing!
I ate the foie gras, which is said to be the Chef's specialty and I understand why. It was perfectly executed. I then had the Rognons de Veau sauce Moutarde, which reminded me my mum's recipe.
The desserts were fabulous as well.
Finally, the wine selection is up to standards of the food, first it is French (tired of of Chilean wines) then it is original and good. I had a Gewurztraminer with the foie gras and a Lalande de Pomerol with my main course....
The prices are of course reflecting the quality, don't go to this place if you want a cheap meal.
Thanks and Bravo Jerome, I will be back soon!

1  Thank DidiSamui
jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Didisamui ,

Thank you very much for your very kind review.

As you could appreciate Baan Taling Ngam is not so far of the north of Koh Samui island and the sunset is amazing.

I would like to thank you one more time to choose La Cuisine for one of your day of, and appreciate your dinner.

Your note about the wine is also very nice because it is really a daily challenge to purvey this kind of produce.

I hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards from south Samui.

Jerome

Reviewed February 24, 2013

If your in the area you need to go here, perfect little resturant with a lovely owner who loves his resturant.
The beef with mushroom sauce is to die for.
Perfect service, perfect food

jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Jenna,

Thank you very much for your very kind reveiew had appreciate my restaurant and chose it for your last night in Koh Samui.

I hope to see you again soon at La Cuisine.

Warm regards, Jerome

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Jerome, Andy and I can't thank you enough - AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!!!!

The food at La Cusine is simply devine. We had the langoustines and foie gras for starters. Absolutely delicious. We could have been blind folded and thought we were eating something from a 5 star restaurant.

To follow this we had the sweet breads and scallops. The produce was second to none, and the sauces were from out of this world.

Once Jerome finished cooking, he sat with us drinking coffee, chatting and laughing until we had to leave. It felt like we were at someone's house sharing an intimate meal.

We may have had to travel 45 minutes to reach this secluded, but beautiful place, but it was worth it.

If you are wanting an experiance, not just amazing food, go and see Jerome. He is an absolute gentleman.

Can't wait to visit again when we come back to Koh Samui.

Thanks once again Jerome!!!!

jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Billodog, Dear Cat and Andy,

Thank you very much for your very kind review and appreciate your dinner at La Cuisine.

I hope to see you again soon, it was a real pleasure.

Enjoy Samui and the end of your holidays.

Very best, Jerome

Ps: I wishes you the best for your wedding

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was one of those nights we will talk about in years to come. A completely unexpectedly delicious meal, wonderful conversation with Jerome (the chef/owner) and an altogether delightful evening.
Amazing to find such authentic French food in Koh Samui. Remember to bring cash - no credit cards! My girlfriend bought some lovely jewelry and natural fabric flowing dresses from Jerome's wife's boutique and we found ourselves (somewhat mortifyingly!) short of cash. Jerome was insistent that this was ok and I happily made the short walk back the next day for a (complimentary!) coffee and cognac to settle our bill.
If you want glitzy surroundings with a cool, trendy vibe then this is not the place for you. But if you want a unique experience on the quieter side of the island with gourmet food, French wine, coffee and cognac and a thoroughly generous and entertaining French host who will happily join you in conversation to make it a truly unique experience, the we highly recommend La Cuisine.
We will be visiting again when we return to Koh Samui.

1  Thank JC_Hong_Kong

Dear JC,

Thank you very much for your very kind review and had appreciate your dinner at La Cuisine.

I hope to see you soon back in Samui.

Very best, Jerome

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Really nice restaurant. I stay at the Conrad and there are no good restaurants at all! So I was really glad to have found this hidden gem in the area. My boyfriend is French and he found the food very nice and authentic. Jerome is very friendly to customers and you can feel that he had put his heart in this restaurant. It makes the difference from other restaurants in koh samui. You will know what I mean when u are here. I wish this restaurant every success in the coming years. :)

jerome c, Owner at La Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Heatherhvz

Thank you very much for your very kind review, we hope to see you soon at La Cuisine
Warm regards, Jerome