“Way to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Serenity - CLOSED

Spa Serenity
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate yourself in Samui at our spa resort with a full range which include massage, body scrub, body wrap, steam bath and holistic healing spa treatments.
Holland
“Way to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very friendly spa with very well trained staff and great prices, we ended up going every day. English could have been better but we couldnt fault the spa

Visited July 2012

London
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“First Impressions - unclean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We decided not to pre-book online, and instead took out half an hour to drive over to the Spa to take a look beforehand; we're glad we did, as the spa facilities looked unclean (black slime and dirt in the bottom of the Jacuzzi for example, and dusty / dirty floors - exactly what you'd not expect from a Spa!!) and treatment rooms somewhat claustrophobic and un-relaxing. Interestingly, and perhaps rather tellingly, Serenity Spa was empty and had plenty of availability in the prime-time of the day, suggesting it's not the "number one" Spa on Ko Samui... We opted for a different Spa on the north of the Island in Bo Phut in the end (also checking this place out) and were delighted with it in every regard; please see other review for info if you're interested in a better alternative, in my honest and open opinion.

1 Thank Travelthew0rld79
siddall67, Owner at Spa Serenity, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hello
Thank you for your comments. I must admit quite suprised at what you said. My response can only be what i know and see. And as you did not use the spa its hard for me to comment

Jacuzzi ,black slime actually not possible. Emptied every night and refilled after clean. If you said worn on one of the jacuzzis i could accept as i have to refurbish through high use then i could agree, If you said the entrance where the fresh water fish is dark at the bottom I could also agree. But i have to refute this claim full stop. As this is an open forum im sure others will comment if i am right or wrong

Point about dusty. As most of spa is open to elements possible ,but treatment rooms are closed off unless we open windows and dont use ac then could be dusty.However rooms are cleaned two or three times a day as used very much

Re treatment rooms. Yes it is a small spa thats true, only three treatment rooms, plus steam rooms and jacuzzi (hard to miss steam room if you see jacuzzi). However each room is 35 sqm(smallest one) with two single treatment beds and a changing area which is set back. Three of the walls are 100% glass(retractable). I have never heard this comment of claustrophobic before and can only summize you have visited very big spas before. Ive used several big "resort spas" on the island and found we are similar in size per treatment rooms. In fact when it come to steam rooms etc we are bigger per treatment room.

Re being busy, to be honest in the last week of May we were quiet at only 60% usage, so maybe you visited during a down time. But the spa is busy and has very strong repeat business. 70% of guests make repeat bookings(who dont stay with us).

Re rating. Not my doing, we provide a service and try and offer the best. We recognize as a small semi outdoor spa its not everyones "cup of tea" so to speak,nor do we try and offer things like tropical rain showers or steam walk throughs or other current gimmicks . We offer well trained staff in a clean(i will defend this point) and relaxed tropical environment. Most staff have over 5000 hours of experience(rare on the island) but saying that i know and believe there are spas that offer services that differ from ours and are preferred by some. Its all a question of taste and wants, and what a person considers being pampered or looked after.

I think it is unfair to review a place you actually did not try and could raise an objection to this review, however I recommend that before using us people look at the pictures(made by customers) and yes visit before you decide. Worst case scenario is you get to see the most natural areas of Samui even if you dont book.

Again i will thank you for your comments though I will reserve the right to question aspect of what you are saying

Best regards

Stephen
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great View to enjoy as you enjoy the massaging hands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

it was great to finish a Herbal Tea and cookies, the girls are very talented in making you releax and enjoy the hot herbal pack that they use on points over your body which when finished you have a total feeling of relaxing we have the 120 minute massage which is the best i have enjoyed the time feel like 15 minutes until i checked my watch

1 Thank Shaneit
siddall67, Owner at Spa Serenity, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Overated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband tried the Radiance package after reading reviews about how gd the spa there was.
However, we both felt that the spa has been overated. In terms of professionalism, they were rather lacking. The room which they used to prepare the drinks were rather messy and the drinks served were not nice. The aircon in the spa room was also not working. There was no spa atmosphere at all. Their english was quite poor and we had a hard time booking the spa as we were not staying in the hotel. The only gd thing is that the spa was not as pricey as other spa outlets.

2 Thank MsKY84
Hello

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write it. I am sorry you feel the spa is overated. I have checked the drinks preparation area and it was a bit of a mess though clean. I have spoken to the manager of the spa and this will be addressed.

Most people like the fresh herbal drinks we offer but it is a matter of taste. I am sorry you had a difficult time booking, this tens to happen as the spa can be and usually is very busy with both in house guests and local hotel guests booking days in advance.

I agree not all our staff speak enough english, though the majority do, but i promise you all are very well qualified in massage therapy (unlike many venues on the island)

i am sorry that the only thing you thought good was the price, we do try to be good value for money but we believe the repeat business we get from guests is because of service. It appears though we had an off day.

I am sorry you didnt enjoy yor experience and have/will address your comments

Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best massage EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have had a lot of massages in my time, but this was absolutely amazing!

My wife and I both got a 2 hour massage as part of our honeymoon and the drive out was worth it for the experience!

Couldnt have been happier and it really is a pleasure to give such a good review!

1 Thank MatthewWhite_12