“What a great night!”

I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are getting married on Friday at the InterContinental but dropped in for lunch yesterday with some of our guests (2 groups of us). I had the steamed snapper with lime, chilli and garlic and was amazed at how good it was. We invited out wedding guests back for happy hour and as it started pouring we took shelter and ended up staying for dinner. I'd say there were 25 of us and we basically took over the place. There were only 2 people not part of our group. The staff did their best to keep up but I'd say they were not expecting to be so busy! I saw one if the staff taking photos so think it may have been a big night for them. Anyway I hope they had a great night too and made lots of money! I must say I have read reviews at some Koh Samui bars that water down cocktails at happy hour, this doesn't happen here, the cocktails are great! Such a cute little place and a must do as an alternative to hotel meals.

1  Thank TrailingSpouseLD
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for kindly support and also very good review with our overall service and nice to hear that all of your friends are happy and enjoyable during party. Your comment will help us to spread the word and get the people know I- Talay... hope to see you in future visit,

With regards,

Chalie and I-Talay team...

There are newer reviews for I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Oh, but some dishes were too tasty for us. The price was not too bad with the good service. Getting back to the resort could be difficult if you stay out too late.

1  Thank Conan C

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for a good comment and let all travellers know about our place. We look forward to welcome you again in next visit,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Average westernised Thai food but cheaper and tastier than the food at the Intercon. Well worth the walk.

There was a very small, private wedding when we stopped by so that was neat to watch. They catered the reception as well for a party of 6 or so.

1  Thank altanone

Dear Guesta,

Thank you very much for a good comment and we will keep point to talk to our team for future improve. We look forward to welcome you again for future visit.

With Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We ate here tonight and enjoyed a fabulous meal, service was quick and attentive and the food was delicious, we ate all Thai options and each one was superb. Prawns in lime and chilli starter, chicken green curry and prawn stir fried in black pepper for mains. The food is really cheap and cocktails at a third of the price of the neighbouring hotels at 130 baht. They have a happy hour between 4:30 and 6:30 when the cocktails are 99 baht! The setting is amazing, right on the beach among candles and dimly lit and romantic setting!
We also enjoyed lunch here a couple of days ago when we shared a great pizza. The food is excellent and the staff are great.
Can't recommend this wonderful little place highly enough. If you are after an authentic Thai experience, you will love!

1  Thank CloverDesign

Dear Value guests,

We would like to thank you very much for kindly comments and given us a very good review after visited. we will keep all good comments and also improve all comment for welcome you again for future visit.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcome you again fornext visit

With regards,

I- Talay Team...

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Heard of this place on trip advisor so made an effort to find it. Just further up the beach from Inter Continental Hotel. Open aired hut, staff very friendly, mosqitos a bit of a pain but they brought us spray immediately.

Had a starter of satay, papaya salad, then mains of seafood, dont know what fish was eaten but lovely, curry, my kids had pizza and fish and chips. Surprisingly the best fresh pizza, you'd swear you were in Italy!!

Cheap meal, almost a quarter of the price we paid at Five Islands restaurant and alot tastier in my mind, well worth a visit! They serve until 9pm.

2  Thank Dawn2008

Dear Value guests,

Your comment very good to help us to share experience with all travellers, very kind of this. We also happy to know that all of you are happy and enjoyable for dinner with us too.

Look forward to welcome you again.