“Tasty local food”

I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice little local restaurant about 4 mins walk from the Intercon. We only tried the local Thai dishes which were pretty good. The seafood grill though was nothing special. Service was good and they were very kind to prepare a table for us by the beach.

Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for comment and we will keep all points to improve as well...It not a problem to book the table due to we have on call service and also book by mail as well:) we hope you totally enjoyable with our home style service and look forward to welcome all of you back again in shortly...Please visit and like in our fackbook page : i-talay nasai & restaurant Taling ngam

Thank you and see you in near future..

I- Talay Team.!!

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The title covers it really! We always prefer 'real' Thai food and this little bar/restaurant certainly delivers. Basic but comfortable environment with plenty of smiles.
An extensive menu (in English and Thai so both sides can understand) with a great range of drinks.
We tried three sauce fish, red curry, fish cakes and a spicy papaya salad. All were delicious and spiced appropriately for a Western palette. Unrestrained ordering plus drinks was 950 baht. We have had cheaper but this is a third of hotel prices.
We'll be back a few more times - we have 4 more dayseft here :-)

1  Thank Thompsons-Abroad

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for enjoyable with our taste of food and also service. we are very nice to hear that all of you impress with us and spent more time at my restaurant....
would be so kind to visit facebook page and like at i-talay nasai & restaurant taling ngam...

It was fantastic for our service team...

I- Talay Team !!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great little beach hut for food and drink. We always go back for at least one visit while on Samui. Great beach just don't tell everyone!

Dear sir / Madam,

Thank you for such a nice comment and look forward to welcome you again in near future visit. Would be so kind if you visit and like us at facebook page: i-talay nasai & Restaurant Talang ngam...

look to welcome you again in near future

I- talay Team..

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant since it opened over three years ago. The service is at times appalling and the quality of the food average at best. Three of us recently ordered breakfast at the restaurant. My sister's arrived first before my brother-in-laws which arrived as my sister finished hers. Mine was simply forgotten. We eventually had to go to the counter to pay as the staff were just not interested. This is by no means a one off as I frequently visit I -Talay.

What is good about the place is location. Could not be better located. Despite the poor service I'll still come back to I - Talay. Not to eat though.

Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Value guests,

Thank you very much for kindly share your experience with us, the comment will source it out and improve in soonest regarding our service and hospitality. We are take this time to apologize on service matter and hope to welcome you back again for next visit.

I - Talay Team

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This restaurant was well worth the drive, fantastic sun set over the water. Our food was lovely, with all the sea food fresh. Only downside was having to wait an hour for dessert. Would recommend to anyone coming to this part of Koh Samui.

Dear guest,

It was very nice to hear that you are enjoy and happy with our place, and also thank you very much for kindly support. We hope to see you and welcome you back again in near future..

I - Talay Team