“Lovely location, great food, good service”

I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The title covers it really! We always prefer 'real' Thai food and this little bar/restaurant certainly delivers. Basic but comfortable environment with plenty of smiles.
An extensive menu (in English and Thai so both sides can understand) with a great range of drinks.
We tried three sauce fish, red curry, fish cakes and a spicy papaya salad. All were delicious and spiced appropriately for a Western palette. Unrestrained ordering plus drinks was 950 baht. We have had cheaper but this is a third of hotel prices.
We'll be back a few more times - we have 4 more dayseft here :-)

1  Thank Thompsons-Abroad
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for enjoyable with our taste of food and also service. we are very nice to hear that all of you impress with us and spent more time at my restaurant....
would be so kind to visit facebook page and like at i-talay nasai & restaurant taling ngam...

It was fantastic for our service team...

I- Talay Team !!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great little beach hut for food and drink. We always go back for at least one visit while on Samui. Great beach just don't tell everyone!

Dear sir / Madam,

Thank you for such a nice comment and look forward to welcome you again in near future visit. Would be so kind if you visit and like us at facebook page: i-talay nasai & Restaurant Talang ngam...

look to welcome you again in near future

I- talay Team..

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant since it opened over three years ago. The service is at times appalling and the quality of the food average at best. Three of us recently ordered breakfast at the restaurant. My sister's arrived first before my brother-in-laws which arrived as my sister finished hers. Mine was simply forgotten. We eventually had to go to the counter to pay as the staff were just not interested. This is by no means a one off as I frequently visit I -Talay.

What is good about the place is location. Could not be better located. Despite the poor service I'll still come back to I - Talay. Not to eat though.

Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Value guests,

Thank you very much for kindly share your experience with us, the comment will source it out and improve in soonest regarding our service and hospitality. We are take this time to apologize on service matter and hope to welcome you back again for next visit.

I - Talay Team

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This restaurant was well worth the drive, fantastic sun set over the water. Our food was lovely, with all the sea food fresh. Only downside was having to wait an hour for dessert. Would recommend to anyone coming to this part of Koh Samui.

Dear guest,

It was very nice to hear that you are enjoy and happy with our place, and also thank you very much for kindly support. We hope to see you and welcome you back again in near future..

I - Talay Team

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Even if there is actually only this place to eat in Taling Ngam, we really have to say that the food here is delicious (and we're very demanding!!)!!

They are very nice people, they also have some free beds on the beach and shower.

Perfect for also for a chilled sunset beer!

Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear value guests,

Thank you very much for kindly wrote us and very good comment...We still offer with thai hospitality service and also support if we can...We again thank you and look forward to service you again in shortly...

Thank you very much for kindly support.

Chatchawat and I-talay Team !!!