“Great Food, Service and View”

I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
“Great Food, Service and View”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the intercontinental Samui for 7 days and really like to eat our of the resort and experience the local treats. I - Talay is indeed a treat. I discovered it whilst walking upbthe beach. We ate there twice and had both Thai food and pizza. My family enjoyed all our meals and my son loved the swing right on the beach front.

For those of you staying at the intercontinental get out and explore. I-Talay is well worth a visit or two!!

Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for very feedback and all of you love our restaurant and food. We plan to have area for chillout and looking sunset on the beach with bamboo hut...I beleived that you will more love it as well.

Thank you and see you for next visit.

Chatchawat and Team,

• Hungarian first
bangkok
“value for money and great beach”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

we were recommended by the management of Elements to check out this place. Its a very beautiful location, with a very beautiful beach. THe restaurant serves local food, which is ok, but not fantastic. Service is great and friendly. Family run business.

Visited January 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for kindly comment and also give us a good rate, especially long drive from Element to visit us. We locally restaurant and also price like local as well. if you looking relax and enjoy with sunset under reasonable price ....think here is true,,,we will bring your point to improve in near future..

Thank you and see you for next visit.

Chatchawat and Team,
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Superb restaurant - can't be faulted - Michelin 3 star!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The very best restaurant I have ever visited in Thailand (I live in Thailand and have visited very many). In fact I would find it very hard to name any other of the restaurants I have been to elsewhere in the World to better it.
I was hosting a party of 5 adults and 2 children and this was by way of a thank you to my friend and his family for their hospitality during our recent visit to Samui. OK - 2 male farangs and 3 Thai ladies - a recipe for copious yet discerning imbibing on the farang side and on the eating side a plethora of dishes likely to be ordered by the Thai ladies.
So - two large Singhas followed by two bottles of excellent imported wine, plus a watermelon juice, two fresh coconut shell drinks and two large waters. On the food front, seven Thai dishes were ordered by the ladies, all of which arrived beautifully cooked and presented Not to be outdone, the farangs ordered not one, but two whole white schnappers, one steamed with garlic and lime, the other wrapped in banana leaves and grilled. And these were very substantial sized fish! And just in case of anyone feeling hungry another Thai dish to boot!
Two desserts were also consumed and greatly appreciated.
The quality of all the food was absolutely excellent as was the service.
The restaurant ambience reminded me of a very laid back Pacific Island resort.
The location cannot easily be surpassed; beautiful beachside setting (no road in front, step directly from your table straight onto the sand). In fact a wedding was to take place later that day. Taling Ngam is dubbed the Sunset Coast and the photographs already up on tripadvisor attest to that.
Last but far from least the total bill was less than 4,000 baht - a total steal for what we had!
Many congratulations to the owner and his staff - this is Michelin 3 star cooking!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank easyas
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Easyas,

Thank you very much for kindly review a good feedback and share your experience with another travelers to know our restaurant. We will keep it up and motivate all things if we can do better. I personal thank you for very good suggest and share idea with my restaurant and hope fully to see all of you again in near future.

Have a good memory from I-Talay Restaurant Team :)

With Regards,

I - Talay Garden & Restaurant Taling Ngam Samui..
Hull
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple yet perfect!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I discovered I-talay while we were staying at the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa which is a short walk away, and we were so glad we did as the prices were so much more reasonable. We had 2 evening meals and 2 lunches, as well as a take-away one evening when we were still too hungover after a night in Chaweng. The staff were always relaxed yet efficient and accomodating, all the meals tasted great and were cooked perfectly, ice cold beers at good prices and a free sunset.

Keep up the good work guys, we both hope we can return in the future.

• Visited August 2012
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear sir,

Thank you very much for comment and glad to hear that you are enjoyable and satisfy with our service and food. We will keep it up and hopefully to welcome both of you again for next visit.

Cheer,

I-Talay Restaurant team !!!!
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A place you will visit over and over again”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Friends of ours found this place as they arrived a week before us, it has a great beach, great sunsets and the kids can enjoy the being kids.

We visited I talay frequently, as the food and drinks are very well priced and good quality. Cocktails are cheap but don't try the mojito it was bad. but all the others are excellent. They offer thai massages as well.

The only quibble I have is that they close between 9-10 pm. on the other hand that might have been a good thing otherwise we would have stayed till sun rise.

thanks to the staff we had very memorable evenings here.

• Visited August 2012
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Beach Bar & Cottages at Taling Ngam, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Stiaan D,

Thank you very much for good comment and share on your experience with our service and taste. We are happy to hear that over all are satisfy except taste of Mojito....We will talk to team and improve it as you mentioned. We are I-Talay team look forward to welcome all of you again in future visit.

Regards,