“Mind blowing experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taling Ngam
TopCats Fresh Water Fishing Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Taling Ngam
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mind blowing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My partner and I visited Topcats for a full days fishing, and in all my years of fishing all over the world, I have never experienced this. To put it simply, this is THE BEST FISHING EVER.
Service was phenomenal, the fishing IS world class, and the fish welfare and care is exceptional to say the least.
The guides are attentive, helpful, knowledgeable and are a prime example of Thai hospitality.
Fishing wise, anyone who is considering going, JUST DO IT. Words cannot describe the exhilaration and experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
towcester uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I fished here on day ticket basis. I fished 2 days around 18 hours in total. Some might say its expensive at £140 a day. But thats average for a top fishery in Thailand. In total I caught 10 fish. Lost 2 gator gars which annoyed me cause I really wanted to catch 1. I never caught any of the lakes monsters, but I did catch 2 species I hadn't caught before - White Pacu & black wallago . Which made my day and set 2 new pb's. I had mekong up to 60 lb & siamese carp uo to 40. Also a little ariprima. The guides do all the work which was surprising but I never asked to bait up or cast anyway... so I will never no... The only thing I found to be dissapointing was everybody fishing in a long line together with no breaks in swims. This caused a lot of crossed lines & having to bring bait in for half hour or so. There was other swims at different area's of the lake. But perhaps we was fishing the best areas. So that's s good thing I suppose. There's lot's of variety of fish here & that's what I targeted rather than 1 monster fish. Overall a great place to fish and well worth a visit. The food was excellent expecially the home made pies & the big mug of English tea. Also your partner is allowed to watch you fish. There bus a swimming pool & drinks avaliable all day . Tight lines

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jamesharris8
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a trip , four full days of fishin August 2013!! Well where do I start , get yourself booked in with shaun the owner if hes got space whos a top bloke just tells u how it is from the off ,moment u see the lay out this is a top holiday venue with the serious fish to back it up! Turn up let the wife chillout
by the pool and u get down to the guide Yute the man who puts u on fish from the off !!! Can't recall how many I caught but up to 140lb red tails and 110lb Siamese carp and smashed by bigger only one thing to say really ( I'm going back) !! Get booking if your into big fish and why wait for them runs at other lakes. Everything covered from the rods to bait nothing to take except the sun cream ! Big thanks Shaun to u and the lads , mark

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Big thank you to everyone at Top Cats for a great 3 day break. My partner loved the use of your pool while I was busy lake side. I went for th ebig carp and was not disapointed at all. Duke said 3 in a day would be a good day.. We got 5 in one day and 8 in total over 2.5 days fishing.. One of them hit the 100lb mark which made my guide Duke even more happy than me I think as he lifted me up in the water and threw me over his head in celebration. Big shout out to him especially as he was the best guide I have ever had. Had 5 Mekong cats (1 was over 150lb), 4 Redtails (1 over 120lb), couple of Pacu, and 1 Aliligator Gar.. Missed endless Aripima bites, tricky so and so's..

Only problem I had with Top Cats fishery is I will now never be able to feel the same way about fishing in England.. A double figure carp will never measure up to the experience of Samui. :-)

The new bungalow's are nice inside and the air con units are probably the quietest I have ever had th epleasure of sleeping with. My partner very much appreciated that :-)

Would deffinately recomend a visit to anyone who likes fishing or even wants to try for the first time.

Room Tip: The boats look nice, but would recomend the bungalow's for slightly more money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin J
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I went here for my 40th birthday in May 2012 with some friends and my brothers, and wow what a place , we will most certainly be going back at some point.
The fishing was out of this world by a mile , helped by the best guides i have ever come across, Duke in Particular was an absolute Legend, Thankyou for that.
I have been fishing for approx 30 years and to go to a lake and catch 10 different species of fish in one place was a first for me, the fish are of an extrordinary standard and looked after very very well.
The photos i have will stay with me forever as possibly the best trip i have ever been on and posssibly the best trip i will ever go on.
the fish we caught included
Mekong catfish, Redtail Catfish, Asian Redtails, Yellow Pacu Phiranha, Black Phiranha, Siamese Carp, Asian Carp, Arapiema ,Alligator Gar , Snakeheads, wallagoo Catfish
but there are actually many more species in this lake that we did not catch and i will be going after next time.
From the accommodation ( boats on the lake you fish) to the service provided round the lake was outstanding with a choice of tradditional thai food to a corned beef sandwich if you prefered.
the girls who provide this service are very friendly and very funny, credit to them.
The Lady of the Lake (Bim) sorted out all of our washing for us at very little cost .
Shaun , who owns and runs the place ,your a double legend !
Really nice guy who i had the pleasure of meeting again at a fishing show back in England.
Taxi service was no problem again running us into the nearby town of Llami each night for more drinks and entertainment.
Summary = You will have the trip of a life time going here , run by the friendliest and nicest people i have had the pleasure of meeting, .
I will be coming back for sure !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeff H
Hamsterley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fantastic time fishing out at TopCats, the guides were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The service from all of the staff was excellent, I can not wait to go back again! Couldn't recommend this place enough to everyone from novice to experts it has something for everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MikeC295
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I have been to Topcats 4 times and just love going back there. The staff and the guides are great and of course the fishing is as good as the weather (fabulous)
I caught some great fish, the biggest of each sprecies I caught was:
Carp 90lb
Mekong Catfish 140lb
Arapima 130lb
Red Tail Catfish 80lb
Leopoard Catfish 60lb
Alligator Gar 50lb
Havent had the oppurtunity to sample the newly built bungalows yet, so looking forward to that on a return visit.
My wife loved the peacefulness there and liked to relax and sit around the pool. The island is really easy to get around and my wife would regularly jump into the hire car and explore the island, saying how safe she felt and how friendly the people were.
CANT WAIT TO GET BACK THERE.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Easy Time Resort
Easy Time Resort
#5 of 7 in Taling Ngam

Been to TopCats Fresh Water Fishing Resort? Share your experiences!