“Best sunset restaurant in the west of samui with a courtesy service”
Review of The Five Islands

The Five Islands
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Better go before 6pm to have a cocKtail, fishman village Just next to the restaurant, in front of longtail boats ready for you lsland tour, excellent food and service, a cute tuk tuk transport you from lntercontinental hotel, a flying lantern will be arranged after dinner, you must prepare your camera for the romantic dinner.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having read the reviews we decided to drop in here round sunset on a round Koh Samui trip. Sadly things did not pan out that way. The weather turned against us and we ended up at The Five Islands just after 2pm having already just eaten, Consequently we just had a few cocktails and left before sunset The view from the restaurant looking out to the five islands is one of the best yet in Koh Samui and the sunsets from this point must be spectacular. If we have the chance we will be getting back here before we leave.Every guest we saw leaving was tipping generously and all sounded exceptionally pleased with the meals they had.
The barman Seksan worked his magic to make my favourite cocktail ,Long Island Iced Tea absolutely perfectly. This is a pretty lethal mix of mainly alcohol and if you don't get the balance right it can taste pretty foul. Well done guys and we hope to see you before we leave.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The restaurant is hiding from the city and no one will observe if you do not have any information before.The Five Islands has advertised themselve a lot in magazine, flyer, poster and many media to promote themselve. If not you will not have a chance to dine at this quiet and nature view restaurant. They have both Thais and Western food. I love the starter mixed that they served. It is one of the best Thais Mixed Snack that I have experiences. Please ask manager to recommend if you have chance to dine there. Table on the beach is recommended if you come by couple. They also serve for lunch which mean you can enjoy walking along the virgin coast and pure sand after your meal. They manage only restaurant no room but they also run business of tour and local boat trip with experiences fishermen driver and resonable price. I did not have a chance to try the boat trip. Staff all are wonderful, polite and service mind. they all understand English and can support whatever you need. They provide also pick up if you call to book the seats and discuss how much they charge for transfer. I think it is depend on the distant of your hotel. For the one who hire scooter around the island and drop on Taling Ngam area, I highly recommend to stop at this restaurant by asking the people where the restaurant is. Everyone knows this restaurants.

Again thanks to the Fives Island team. I will come back when I have a chance to Koh Samui.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

When you speak of a lovers dream destination, most of the time Hawaii, Cancun, Tahiti or Fiji come into the picture but who would think of Koh Samui. this island is filled with great places to eat, wine and dine, socialize and just relax however this restraurant made everything come true for me.
The ambiant atmosphere, free kayaking, great food and beach is something that must not be missed if you come to the island. Colin, the owner has been here for many years and has an impeccable reputation. The food is fresh, lips smacking good and the staff with their professional services and kindness have been with Colin since they opened.
I recommend The Five Island Salad and Mussels, however I'm there are other unbelievably tasty items on the menu too depending on your liking!
As long as I am living and breathing on this island, one of my first stop shops for a nice meal is here!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

the food was excellent and quite reasonable, the staff very polite and the sunset on a clear night is breaktaking