What a fantastic hotel. Having stayed here for the last 7 days before moving on to Khao Lak, I can honestly say this hotel is a little slice of total relaxation. The hotel itself is small but has everything you would expect to relax your days away. 2 swimming pools, fitness centre, swim up rooms, seperate bungalows, a lovely restaurant and a small, well kept, beach.
In relation to the rooms, we stayed in a swim up room where you walk out on to your patio and can access the big pool from there. The rooms are well kept, spacious, have tv and dvd player, free wifi, seperate shower and bath, air con and a huge king bed. The staff do an excellent job at keeping rooms clean and providing fresh towels including beach towels. Water is provided free each day and the mini bar is relatively inexpensive for coke etc.
The restaurant is lovely. A mixture of Thai, European or Pizza etc. Being in Thailand, I resorted to Thai each day and cannot fault the taste or presentation of the food. All the restaurant staff were fantastic as were all of the reception staff too. Having gone half board with Thomson, you can pick any starter, main meal with rice / noodles etc and dessert for your evening meal. I highly recommend the Coconut Appetiser which has nothing to do with coconuts but gives you a taster of Thai.
The pool and pool area is spotless and very refreshing when looking to cool down from the sun. Loungers are provided at the pool and on the beach and staff will bring any orders out to you.
The only point to really consider regarding this resort is that it is in the middle of no-where. This is what we wanted as it truely does provide total relaxation. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to 2 major towns but, other than this, there is not very much to do and I wouldn't recommend it if you have children. That said, if you are looking total relaxation in paradise then look no further - well worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint beach resort on the secluded beach of Thong Tanote, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui enjoys a quiet location, away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui. With island vistas, natural surroundings, a private beach dotted with coconut trees, a beautiful spa, a fitness centre, and two swimming pools, this intimately-sized resort is perfect for a no-thrill beach getaway. The resort also offers easy access to the islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum for snorkelling, kayaking, and opportunities to discover the island such as trekking. With only 54 spacious rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of total living space, the resort offers privacy along good views over the pool or the beach. Guests can enjoy the option of staying in a room with direct pool access while each villa features an indoor Jacuzzi and a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort, and there’s also an all-day dining restaurant and a bar. A scheduled shuttle service connects Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui with Lamai Beach, a 30-minute drive away, and Chaweng Beach. Nathon Pier, with ferries to and from the mainland, is reached in about 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villa Hotel Koh Samui
- Coconut Villa Resort And Spa
- Coconut Hotel Koh Samui
- Centra By Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Taling Ngam