This is a relaxing and informal hotel in a beautiful setting. As other reviewers have noted it's in a very quiet corner of Samui which suited us perfectly. My husband and I are too old for the hustle of Chaweng or Lamai and our daughters are too young (14 &16). There are no hotels close to the Coconut Beach and as a result no beach hawkers, no banana boats just peace and quiet.
We stayed for 10 nights and made an art out of doing nothing! We enjoyed the food and service at the hotel restaurant which we found was very reasonably priced given the lack of nearby competition. We hired a car (arranged through the hotel) for one day which cost about £30 to explore the island. We did the trip to ride elephants as a birthday treat for my youngest and also visited the Angthong Marine Park. We did consider taking the minibus to one of the local towns but quite honestly we got too lazy!
The wifi was upgraded while we were there much to the delight of my daughters (it had been a bit intermittent).
The staff were all friendly, happy to help, entertaining and considerate. We had a fabulous holiday for which I would like to thank the staff of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint beach resort on the secluded beach of Thong Tanote, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui enjoys a quiet location, away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui. With island vistas, natural surroundings, a private beach dotted with coconut trees, a beautiful spa, a fitness centre, and two swimming pools, this intimately-sized resort is perfect for a no-thrill beach getaway. The resort also offers easy access to the islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum for snorkelling, kayaking, and opportunities to discover the island such as trekking. With only 54 spacious rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of total living space, the resort offers privacy along good views over the pool or the beach. Guests can enjoy the option of staying in a room with direct pool access while each villa features an indoor Jacuzzi and a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort, and there’s also an all-day dining restaurant and a bar. A scheduled shuttle service connects Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui with Lamai Beach, a 30-minute drive away, and Chaweng Beach. Nathon Pier, with ferries to and from the mainland, is reached in about 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villa Hotel Koh Samui
- Coconut Villa Resort And Spa
- Coconut Hotel Koh Samui
- Centra By Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Taling Ngam