“great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballindalloch
Cragganmore House B & B
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My friend and I spent an evening there during the week that we were doing the Speyside Way walk. The place is charming and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The evening meal was excellent and definitely worth it! I'd highly recommend this place

There are newer reviews for Cragganmore House B & B

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Cragganmore House while on a Speyside Way walking tour. I'd highly recommend Cragganmore if you're looking for lodging in this area. It's a beautiful country home built by the man who founded the Cragganmore Distillery in 1869. The rooms are decorated in they style of the time the house was built. There's a lovely sitting room where you can have tea and sit by the fireplace. The owners, Tony and Helen Allcott, are outstanding hosts. They attend to your every need. I managed to get mud all over my pants and boots while out on a walk and Helen cleaned them for me, ready to use the next day! Tony is an award-winning chef. DO NOT MISS the dinner he prepares each night. His cooking is exquisite. There are some cute, colorful chickens wandering the grounds, as well as ducks. It was a wonderful experience and I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here whilst walking the Speyside Way and it was superb. The house itself is homely and quirky with amazing views. Our hosts were warm,friendly and certainly looked after us.
Dinner was incredible, fresh local produce beautifully presented with great service. The dinning room with a roaring log fire was just the perfect setting. Sitting at the window for dinner the antics of the two groups of ducks in the garden provided endless entertainment!
Lovely breakfast with lots of choice and a great packed lunch including the home made bread!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I surprised my husband with a trip to the Speyside Malt Whisky festival, which ticked a box for something he had always wanted, staying in a turret was another. We stayed in the beautifully decorated turret room for 3 nights, and both of us couldn't have wished for a warmer welcome or more beautiful place to stay both inside or the view outside.

Helen was very helpful when booking, I mentioned it was to be my husbands birthday the day we arrived and she offered to make a cake, little did I know how amazing the cake would be (see pics), we arrived to a roaring fire and the offer of coffee in the lounge, with the coffee arrived the cake along with helen singing happy birthday! Breakfasts were freshly cooked and yummy, including home made marmalade that my husband adored so much Tony and Helen gave us a jar to come home with.

Would definitely book again if going up that way.

Room Tip: Turret room was large with amazing view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_Jones253
Reviewed April 29, 2012

my husband and i stayed here for one night during our walking holiday of the speyside way. After a hards day walk in the rain,Helen kindly picked us up. We were then provided with a lovely decorated room, free standing bath and a fantastic dinner. The lounge, with log fire was just the tonic after our days walk.
Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We returned to Cragganmore House but this time with our adult children, who are also foodies. None of us were disappointed. A really warm welcome from Helen and Tony, roaring open fire, afternoon tea in the guests drawing room. Tony cooked for us both nights, to rather exacting dietry demands, and we had a feast. Home smoked salmon, cannon of lamb, venison and wonderful vegaterian options. Rooms were lovely, with lots of nice little touches. If you want comfort, peace, excellent food and warm welcoming hosts, look no further.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Cragganmore House whilst walking the Speyside Way. Tony and Helen were very welcoming and made us feel completely at home. The house is beautifully restored and furnished and very comfortable indeed. We were in the Turret Room, which has an ensuite with antique bath. The house is in a beautiful location, close to Ballindalloch Station. Dinner was one of the best meals we have ever had, and breakfast similarly lived up to expectations. We can recommend this B&B without any reservations.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballindalloch
Dowans Hotel
Thistle Dhu Bed & Breakfast
Cardhu Country House
Cardhu Country House
#1 of 6 in Aberlour

Been to Cragganmore House B & B? Share your experiences!