Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Brilliant

Great place for a beginner to learn. Philip, Caroline and Niall were all great coaches and... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2021
Gregory789
via mobile
Great experience

The instructors taught me all the basics of kite surfing (safety, wind, equipment). Very good... read more

Reviewed August 5, 2021
LoulouG69

All reviews brilliant instructor hour lesson niall beginners safety fun school pace
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2020

My son wanted Kite surfing lessons for Christmas and I chose Hooked based on the price and their fantastic reputation. My son had a great time and he was looked after fantastically well. All the gear is top notch and Duncannon is a hidden gem. I would highly recommend Hooked for kite surfing lessons.
Robert Galligan

Date of experience: June 2020
Reviewed June 21, 2020 via mobile

I really recommend Niall. He is a great teacher, very patient, has a location that is second to none, and is a genuinely nice guy.

I did the Zero to Hero course with Niall a few years ago, it set me up for this sport. Since then, I've kited in Africa, Asia, and other areas in Europe. Duncannon is still my favourite with the cliffs, the fort, and Hook Lighthouse in the distance. A sunny day with a south westerly blowing, there is only one place I want to be.

My wife also did a course with Niall and is now addicted to the sport.

Sign up, you won't regret it. May the wind gods be with you.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

4 years ago we were for the first time in Duncannon to learn kitesurfing and came back 4times since. It's a perfect spot to learn kitesurfing with even better instructors - we tried severals around europe...
Niall and his staff really want you to become an independant kitesurfer and prepare you for your solo sessions (others just want to sell hours) where ever in the world they might be. We even booked an unforgettable trip to SriLanka with them.
Would recommend it to everyone and we keep coming back, thats for sure!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice location. U can park in the very clean beach.
The Water is just waist deep. Nice for beginners. The coffeeshop keep‘s me alife. Just across the road is a nice pub, where u can get a wunderful lunch.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Duncannon is a perfect beach to learn kitesurfing - you can stand everywhere and hooked in is a brilliant school. Very patient teachers which is very helpful and they make this sport easy to take up. Also great for progressive lessons and safety techniques. Go for it.

1  Thank 982damianh