“panoramic sea views-peaceful location”
Review of Kavos Hotel

Kavos Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Akrotiri
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I have just stayed for one week at this hotel.We got lost when travelling to the hotel from from the airport! A map with clear directions for guests as part of the booking would be helpful.On arrival we ere welcomed by the manager and offered a drink.The rooms were very clean and comfortable,with an excellent maid service.The shower was hot and spacious,.The small kitchen was adequate,a small welcome pack with a small amount of tea and coffee would be useful for late arrivals.The breakfast was continental and generous-delicious greek yoghurt and honey recommended.The staff were always very friendly,polite and helpful.The hotel has beatifu panoramic iews of the sea,which is a few metres away.The swimming pool was clean and adequate with bar snacks of a cheese and ham toastie-a wider selection would be nice as it is a distance to any taverna.overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a peaceful holiday in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Kavos Hotel is easy to find (luckily even without a detailed map). On arrival you notice the lovely colourful garden and how close it is to the coast/water edge. The apartment was spacious covering two floors with two great balconies opening to two sides. The upstairs balcony was also the perfect place to watch the sunset. The apartment is lovely decorated in a contemporary style (comfortable bed; nice, clean bathroom). A good place to relax and listing to the waves when falling asleep. The pool is great and perfect for a morning swim. It is easy to walk to Stavros bay. We spend our beach time next to Thanasis Taverna (next to the water edge, good for sunsets, free sunbeds & umbrellas, calm access for swimming, saw even a few fish snorkeling). For dinner, Irena's Taverna in Chorafakia (5 min drive) was a great find (as recommended by owner, thanks!). Going to Chania for the day was easy (15 min drive; parking near the stadium, about 3.5 Euro for 4 hours). I could have easily spend a whole week at Kavos Beach. It's definitely on the list of place to come back to as it made relaxing so easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights after arriving at Chania airport in the evening. It is a bit difficult to find but a number of road signs help.
It is spacious, has a good shower and kitchen OK for coffee and a little cooking. the best thing was waking up in the morning and the view from the balcony was beautiful. The balcony also has soft cushions to lie on and watch sunset. The breakfast is OK but in a wonderful terrace setting..
You need to have a car to get to mini supermarkets and travel around the Akrotiri Peninsula which is superb. For a short stop before staying on in Crete for 2 further weeks it served a great introduction. Bit isolated for exploring Crete. Stavros Beach is at least 4 miles away and nice but once again you need a car.
Staff friendly and flowers/gardens delightful

Room Tip: Balcony room to the sea
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are Big and clean! Nice decoration, although there are some things that could be improved, as shower, fridge or mirrors have limestone spots all over. Nice view over the sea! Perfect location for those who do not want to stay next to the city (Hania). The staff is very kind! Nevertheless, the breakfast, restaurant and bar are very weak!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AnaMBO
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I were staying just one night but we were overly impressed with the property. Pavlos, the front desk Manager, was helpful and described the room amenities as he courteously showed us to our room. It wasn't even a room, it was a two-level Maisonette. I once again pulled out my UV blacklight and checked the double bed upstairs, spotless. I didn't check the two twin beds downstairs because we didn't want to mess them up for just our inspection. I also went ahead and checked the bathroom which was also found to be spotless. The rain-shower in there is amazing and you could just sit there for 20 minutes as the water jets massage you. There was a refrigerator located in a kitchenette. There was a TV both downstairs and upstairs. My only drawback is the staircase, the steps are so short that I had to walk sideways up and down the staircase. I am 6'5 (1,97m) so that's probably my DNA to blame than the room design. Fabulous view of the sea but even better on the second floor. I especially loved the fact that on all the roofs, were solar panels. This is a GREEN hotel and I admire that the owner does what he can to produce energy. The breakfast was a short table with the bare essentials. Coffee, Juice, cereal, and breads with jams. Nothing to write home about but its the thought that counts. You can't ask for more because its a small property and limited bookings. We missed the sunset but that was the fault of the overcast horizon. Didn't try the pool because we were at the beach. I wanted to check out the telescope in the atrium but I didn't have enough time. It is a reflector and was hoping to check out some stars. Check in and out was easy, very quiet all hours of the day and private parking located at various spots around the property line. I was able to get a WiFi signal on my mobile phone, from where the Maisonette was without a problem. The beds are not anything special like a CocoMat or a Memory foam mattress. I woke in the morning with a bit of a stiff back. The pro's of the property outweigh the cons Overall a pleasant stay but we would have liked to stay longer. The location of the hotel is what looks to be newly developed. You won't find a lot of commotion around the city. We had dinner in the Old Town in Chania so I cannot recommend any local eateries in this review.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pyper70
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This little hotel is located near the sea, in fact you can hear the sound of it during the night.
The unique position lets you enjoy the incredible sunset. Sometimes you have the impression that the sun goes into the water and that is more beautiful when you can swim in the pool at the sunset time.
You can enjoy breakfast on the open veranda looking at the see.
The staff is also very kind and the hotel is very clean.
Near the Hotel you can find some taverna and I can suggest Thanasis, 2 minutes by car.
If you are searching for a peaceful place in Crete, go to Kavos Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed there from 2nd to 9th June with 3 friends (2 couples, we had 2 rooms).
The hotel is a new and well kept building: cleanliness is excellent and they look after it properly: every day they clean the common areas and water the garden.
Be aware that you do need a car, although you can reach a couple of beaches with a 20 minute stroll. But if you want to see more you'd have to go a bit further. We visited all the beaches of the Akrotiri peninsula and the best one was possibly Loutraki (next to Marathi, also very nice but gets more crowded).

The hotel was good, staff was friendly, however a few things could be improved. Breakfast was a bit poor (maybe because it was low season), we were expecting to have greek yogurt being thrown at us but we could not get it despite it was on the menu (so we were even ready to pay it). A choice of 2 cereals, toasts & 3 types of jam, coffee or tea, cheese & ham, orange or pineapple juice, fruit. That's it.

There was an ice cream fridge but no ice creams available, that's a bit of a disappointment if you spend the day at the (very nice) pool since the hotel is a few minutes drive to the first supermarket. It would be nice if they could also offer a bigger choice of dishes for those who do not want to drive for a meal in the evening (you can only choose between omelette or toasts).
All in all we liked the experience although you really do need to have a car. Location on the other hand is beautiful with breathtaking sunsets that can be viewed from all over the property (and every room), peaceful and quiet in the night.

Room Tip: We had a garden level room, nice but I believe those on a higher floor would be even nicer
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akrotiri
Zorbas Beach Village Hotel
Balos Beach
Balos Beach
#1 of 2 in Kaliviani
Cretan Pearl Resort & Spa

Been to Kavos Hotel? Share your experiences!