“Villa for rent :)”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Betalbatim
Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Villa for rent :)”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we booked via internet. As we arrived we were very exited that we got our own villa :) 2 bedrooms, one livingroom, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, extra toilette. All very clean and nice interior.
And you have your own cook who cooks you your breakfast as you would like to have it.
5 min walk to the beach. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are a person who loves space and privacy, A's Holiday offers you your own villa with a well equipped kitchen opening out to the child friendly swimming pool. A chef coming in to cook you breakfast. A private space tucked away in a corner of South Goa yet with easy access to some good restaurants like Martins Corner and Fish Ka. A mere two minute walk and you find yourself at Sunset beach. Friendly staff and owner. What more can you ask for?! Washing machine with even washing powder is provided for. So you can pack light. The odd laundry basket may be the only thing we missed.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank malcolmx775
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just spent ten wonderful days at the A's and I can totally recommend it to anyone looking for peace and quiet, fantastic beach, quality accommodation, and a safe , friendly atmosphere!! A's consist of large two bedroom well kitted out villas, communal swimming pool and five minute walk from the beach !great restaurants in the town and superb value for money! Aggie who owns and manages the A's is very friendly and approachable and nothing is too much trouble ! My children loved the chef who cooked them breakfast every morning! We will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank EISJH
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all, the location on present map is wrong, and is much better in reality.
It was my first time in Goa and i was prepared to crowds of tourists mixed with cows, dogs and garbage. As i saw it is close to true in some places of Goa, but definitely not here. It is perfect quiet romantic place.
The complex itself consists of several villas with swimming pool, located on closest legally approved distance to beach. The same distance in opposite direction is Martin's Corner, a local dining legend. I used phone maps to locate dining facilities around me, and had good experience with New Town's Bar and Cuisine. It is quite long distance by road, but it is accesible also through field (which is opposite to villas) in 3-5 minutes.
Mr. Agnelo D'Silva, the owner and manager, always did his best to make our great vacation.
I read some critics which can be true. On my opinion it definitely was caused by lack of communications between guests and Aggie. There is no reception as such, and you may be little bit confused of feeling lost at arrival in non-business hours. Just ask security guy to call Aggie and talk to him. I have not found any problem he was not able to fix.
You may trust Agiie also at buying tours, taxis etc. As alternative, you may always ask at house opposite to villas, some 50 meters furter from beach.
The beach itself is lovely and quiet. Except safequard and beach shak personnel, i never saw more than 3-4 people there, and this is during local rush hour and divided on more than a mile of beach! If you would like to have more typical Goan nightlife, options are some 15 mins walk in both directions.

Room Tip: The villas are equal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Borys B
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in March 2013,on my own as it was a business trip. The villa,had 2 bedrooms,2.5 Bathrooms,separate kitchen and large lounge/diner with TV showing live cricket and premiership games. Freshly cooked breakfast every morning and an owner for whom nothing was too much trouble. Within a 5 minute walk of Martin's Corner Restaurant and numerous beach shacks. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jeff W
uk
Reviewed January 31, 2013

we had a wounderful stay,we were suprised that we had our own breakfast chef he was lovely would cook any thing you asked for beautifully.abdul and rahini were there at all times and made us feel welcome,it was nice to chat with rahini in the mornings,she gave a wondrful warmth to the resort.if you needed help they were always there to help. the rooms were cleaned every day at what ever time was convenient to you. the villa was situated in a lovely quite spot only 4 mins from beach on a pretty track.the beach was used by only a handful of people, but a walk of 10 mins along the beach you would find it a little bit busier if you wanted that. easy walking distance to 3/4 good restaraunts.the villas were very spacious and had comfy beds plus all the kitchen equip,if you wanted to cook. and finally aggy the owner,he met us when we arrived, he was most help ful with any thing we wanted all the way through our ten day stay.our air unit was dripping but within an hour the engineer came out and fixed it,he got us scooters at far better price than we had been quoted.he gave us the name of several good restaurants in the area and ordered taxies whenever we wanted them.you only had to ask.it was worth the money paid because of quality of service .location and friendliness.aggy is proud of his villas and this shows in his hospitality.

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pansieuk
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in A's as Martin's Corner, where my family members were staying, was fully booked. When I arrived for my three-night break, there was no one to check me in and it was like a ghost town. Eventually the cleaner summoned the owner, who proceeded to show me around.

Throughout my stay I only ever really saw the cook (who was superb - he comes every morning and cooks a breakfast of your choice. I had puri bhaji and dosas on separate mornings, which were excellent) and a security guard. Great if you want privacy but not so good if you need to report things that were wrong (my room was not cleaned at all on the second day, and the AC unit in the main bedroom was constantly dripping).

On the plus side, it is quiet, in a good location just a five minute walk from the beach, and has a beautiful view across the fields which you can enjoy on the balcony. The villa is also spacious. However, the facilities were a little rough around the edges and a few things were either not working or missing (junk left lying around in the kitchen, a missing AC remote for the lounge, safe not working, so I had to leave valuables in a wardrobe which opened even when 'locked'). Also, the owner kept talking about taking us to a restaurant called 'Newtown' which was nearby and seemed to be owned by a friend of his. The meal there was one of my worst ever and left my father with a bad case of food poisoning.

All in all, there are pluses to the villa, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SteveHucker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betalbatim
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 64 in Candolim

Been to A's Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!