I shacked up with the family at Beleza over a 4 day weekend and would strongly recommend it as one of the best lodgings close to Colva beach. As described here on Tripadvisor and elsewhere, the resort is a series of 2-storied, 3-bedroom cottages with 2 bedrooms on the top floor and 1 bedroom on the ground floor with the rest of the space going towards a common sitting area with nice sofas , an open-plan kitchen and a common area with a fridge. The rooms are well appointed with air conditioning and has amenities that are of at least 3 star standard. The resort is staffed by professional and extremely friendly locals (is there any other kind in Goa?). There is a path that leads directly from the resort to the beach which is hardly 100 mtrs away. Although the beach is close, you don't really get a view of the sea by virtue of the resort's layout. But you can hear the waves if you step out on to your room's balcony. The breakfast service that comes along with the room is served in the resort's open restaurant by the pool and has a choice of continental as well as Indian cuisines.
I would strongly recommend the resort for anybody who plans to focus on South Goa with Colva as the base. The one thing I would like to highlight is that - the resort is slightly removed from the main Colva centre (at least a km or two). So, you cannot walk out of the resort and flag down public transportation to get around . But as everywhere else in Goa - you can rent cars (chauffeur/self driven) or motor bikes aplenty. All you need to do is put in a word at the reception and the will arrange it for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beleza is a 30 room boutique resort, uniquely built in a villa style. There are 10 villas at the resort, with each villa consisting of 3 rooms, 2 common lounges, outdoor patio overlooking the swimming pool, a terrace as well as and a room for domestic help. The villas are most enjoyable for friends, families and teams/groups who are travelling together, as the common spaces of the villa provide ample opportunities for informal interactions and hanging out together. The villa concept, giving a feeling of living in a ‘home away from home’, is a first of its kind in Goa . Our beach resort is spread over 5 acres of open expanse, with our scenic pathway from within the premises of the resort connecting guests to the pristine, white sands of Colva beach. It is conveniently located close to the Colva Promenade (shopping area) as well as a distance covered in 25 minutes from the airport. All rooms are air-conditioned with an attached bathroom, LCD TV with satellite connection, tea/ coffee maker and DVD player. 2 rooms in each villa have a balcony. Guests can choose from a wide selection of movies from our video library free of charge. Tentacao – our world-cuisine restaurant, is an all-day dining restaurant and bar set by the pool side. Nazare – our beach shack and bar, is a beautiful spot to view the sunset and sip sun downers and light snacks. The swimming pool at Beleza is of a good size for serious swimmers, with a section carved out for children. The deck around it is comfortably designed for sun-bathers and well shaded for others to laze and enjoy their afternoon siesta. Espaco Divino – Our Spa facility – offers a range of relaxing massages and steam room service. The Gym is equipped with quality equipment for those fitness freaks who would like to visit. Yoga classes can be organised upon request. Our conference room is picturesquely set overlooking the swimming pool, and it can seat up to 35 people. We provide the projector, flip chart, paper and pencil. Tea/ coffee service and lunch and dinner buffets can be provided as per the requirement. We also have a garden area and a play area with swings for children, as well as a direct access (pathway) to the beach. Special dinners and other group events can be organised at the beachfront (depending upon the weather) or at the lawns. The option of al fresco dining is also available.Our world cuisine restaurant Tentacao is open from 11 AM - 10:30 PM everyday.Our beach shack Nazare is open for the season for coffee, muffins, drinks and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Beleza...by the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beleza...By The Beach Hotel Betalbatim
- Beleza...By The Beach Goa/Betalbatim