most of the reviews have captured the magic of this place, and i agree with all of them!
rooms were great! they were huge. the bathroom was big enough to have 3 mirrors and its own fan. the ceilings are so high that it feels very spacious. you could pretty much live in the bathroom.
the bedrooms were also very spacious. lots of shelves and closets, so you really can unpack and live comfortably. it has a nice balcony looking over the pool or the fields and a lot of birds. the rooms were very well appointment, comfortable and luxurious, and we never had problems with our AC unlike many of the other reviewers here.
the rooms were really nice because they are a part of a house. so if you are a big group, you get your own rooms, but you can also use the common living area, a well equipped kitchen, common balconies etc. makes the area very spacious, and its quite amazing to see that they haven;t cramped up the place. i frankly worry about how they are making ends meet with such few rooms, but until they do that i'm going to visit every year.
the food was ok, breakfast was nice, lunch and dinner were good too. sufficient choice in all cuisines.
the pool was an absolute delight. i visited with my wife and 3 yr old son and he pretty much lost his fear of water in that pool. with the hot temperatures outside, the pool was the perfect place to be and we spent 2-3 hours a day in the pool. there is a kids pool and the adult pool, separated by railings/grills. so he could be on one side and we on the other, and then he could cross over and hang on us. so he had a blast, and so did we. and all that beer we consumed while in the pool just made it heavenly.
the landscaping is beautiful, full of lovely flowers and trees, and birds. we had a blast just walking around the place too.
the front gate is frequented by cab drivers, so we rented one cab one day and went around goa a bit, but quickly returned to beleza since that was paradise.
the beach is but a 5 minute walk, via a private walkway. the beach is spectacular. white sand, the softest sand you can imagine, clean, safe. there is a lifeguard right there, so you feel extra safe. there are a number of beach shacks right there, including one from beleza where we had yummy fenny cocktails while dipping our feet in the therapeutic sand. we spotted a lot of starfishes on the beach one evening, and one morning, there were actually a pair of dolphins swimming close to the land. it was tremendously exciting, and i was thrilled to be swimming 10-15 ft from the dolphins. of course, my son had got a huge kick out of this, and we had our eyes peeled for dolphins since then. we never made it to varca beach, but we did rent a motor boat from the lifeguard station and saw more dolphins.
we ate at a beach shack called magazika just a stone's throw away, and it was delicious. drinking and dining by the beach, on a dark night, with hardly a few people on the beach was an amazing experience. and it felt safe enough to walk through the path back to beleza even at 10 at night.
we will definitely come back over and over again. this place is special and for 7k a night including breakfast, its definitely money well spent. we came back renewed and recharged and full of fond memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beleza is a 30 room boutique resort, uniquely built in a villa style. There are 10 villas at the resort, with each villa consisting of 3 rooms, 2 common lounges, outdoor patio overlooking the swimming pool, a terrace as well as and a room for domestic help. The villas are most enjoyable for friends, families and teams/groups who are travelling together, as the common spaces of the villa provide ample opportunities for informal interactions and hanging out together. The villa concept, giving a feeling of living in a ‘home away from home’, is a first of its kind in Goa . Our beach resort is spread over 5 acres of open expanse, with our scenic pathway from within the premises of the resort connecting guests to the pristine, white sands of Colva beach. It is conveniently located close to the Colva Promenade (shopping area) as well as a distance covered in 25 minutes from the airport. All rooms are air-conditioned with an attached bathroom, LCD TV with satellite connection, tea/ coffee maker and DVD player. 2 rooms in each villa have a balcony. Guests can choose from a wide selection of movies from our video library free of charge. Tentacao – our world-cuisine restaurant, is an all-day dining restaurant and bar set by the pool side. Nazare – our beach shack and bar, is a beautiful spot to view the sunset and sip sun downers and light snacks. The swimming pool at Beleza is of a good size for serious swimmers, with a section carved out for children. The deck around it is comfortably designed for sun-bathers and well shaded for others to laze and enjoy their afternoon siesta. Espaco Divino – Our Spa facility – offers a range of relaxing massages and steam room service. The Gym is equipped with quality equipment for those fitness freaks who would like to visit. Yoga classes can be organised upon request. Our conference room is picturesquely set overlooking the swimming pool, and it can seat up to 35 people. We provide the projector, flip chart, paper and pencil. Tea/ coffee service and lunch and dinner buffets can be provided as per the requirement. We also have a garden area and a play area with swings for children, as well as a direct access (pathway) to the beach. Special dinners and other group events can be organised at the beachfront (depending upon the weather) or at the lawns. The option of al fresco dining is also available.Our world cuisine restaurant Tentacao is open from 11 AM - 10:30 PM everyday.Our beach shack Nazare is open for the season for coffee, muffins, drinks and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Beleza...by the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beleza...By The Beach Hotel Betalbatim
- Beleza...By The Beach Goa/Betalbatim