I had a week between my old and new job and we took advantage of it by taking a quick break to Goa. It was the off-season and our first time to Goa during this season. Simply said, it was beautiful.
And to top the cherry, we were glad we chose Beleza to host us. When we reached Goa, we had a vehicle from the hotel to pick us up. We wanted to pick a few things before we went to the resort and the driver was very helpful taking us to the right places. The check-in process was smooth and fast. It was like they were waiting for us to arrive. We were travelling with our year-old daughter and the staff took good care of her right from the time we arrived.
Our room was on the ground floor and was facing the extremely clean and well maintained pool. The best thing about the room was that it was HUGE.. It was not cluttered at all with enough space for my baby to enjoy her vacation. The bathroom was clean and big.. They had clean towels waiting for us.
After a quick wash, we were starved. The restaurant was right next to the pool. The restaurant staff was very courteous. They even prepared special food that would suit my baby. Our food was also exceptional. The chefs are truly very experienced.
The beach is an extension of the crowded Colva beach.. but the area in front of the resort was almost private. We hardly saw anyone on "our" side of the beach. The resort has a nice looking beach-facing bar. Unfortunately, given the off season, it was closed when we went. I plan to go back there during the season once to enjoy a drink at this bar. :)
The resort has a good shower/change area right at the entrance of the beach so you don't carry the beach sand to your room..
Things we liked about the resort:
- The staff is very friendly and helpful. Though they don't rent out scooters themselves, they arranged a scooter to be delivered at the hotel for us to rent.
- The pool is very well maintained even in the off season.
- The restaurant staff is very helpful. We had to check-out early morning and were concerned about our little daughter's breakfast. When we discussed this with the staff the previous day, they said they'd try arrange something for us. The next day, the restaurant staff packed breakfast for her and delivered it to our room about 45 mins before they actually open their breakfast buffet.. They had freshly baked muffins and steaming hot idlis for our angel.
- The bar is well stocked.. I enjoyed every Long Island Ice tea the bartender prepared for me. :)
- Actually none. :) The staff did everything to ensure we had a happy holiday.
To the management of Beleza - whatever itis that you are doing to keep your staff motivated is working. They've been amazing people to stay with. Keep it up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beleza is a 30 room boutique resort, uniquely built in a villa style. There are 10 villas at the resort, with each villa consisting of 3 rooms, 2 common lounges, outdoor patio overlooking the swimming pool, a terrace as well as and a room for domestic help. The villas are most enjoyable for friends, families and teams/groups who are travelling together, as the common spaces of the villa provide ample opportunities for informal interactions and hanging out together. The villa concept, giving a feeling of living in a ‘home away from home’, is a first of its kind in Goa . Our beach resort is spread over 5 acres of open expanse, with our scenic pathway from within the premises of the resort connecting guests to the pristine, white sands of Colva beach. It is conveniently located close to the Colva Promenade (shopping area) as well as a distance covered in 25 minutes from the airport. All rooms are air-conditioned with an attached bathroom, LCD TV with satellite connection, tea/ coffee maker and DVD player. 2 rooms in each villa have a balcony. Guests can choose from a wide selection of movies from our video library free of charge. Tentacao – our world-cuisine restaurant, is an all-day dining restaurant and bar set by the pool side. Nazare – our beach shack and bar, is a beautiful spot to view the sunset and sip sun downers and light snacks. The swimming pool at Beleza is of a good size for serious swimmers, with a section carved out for children. The deck around it is comfortably designed for sun-bathers and well shaded for others to laze and enjoy their afternoon siesta. Espaco Divino – Our Spa facility – offers a range of relaxing massages and steam room service. The Gym is equipped with quality equipment for those fitness freaks who would like to visit. Yoga classes can be organised upon request. Our conference room is picturesquely set overlooking the swimming pool, and it can seat up to 35 people. We provide the projector, flip chart, paper and pencil. Tea/ coffee service and lunch and dinner buffets can be provided as per the requirement. We also have a garden area and a play area with swings for children, as well as a direct access (pathway) to the beach. Special dinners and other group events can be organised at the beachfront (depending upon the weather) or at the lawns. The option of al fresco dining is also available.Our world cuisine restaurant Tentacao is open from 11 AM - 10:30 PM everyday.Our beach shack Nazare is open for the season for coffee, muffins, drinks and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Beleza...by the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beleza...By The Beach Hotel Betalbatim
- Beleza...By The Beach Goa/Betalbatim