“Smashing Tea shop”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Eyam
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes and cook tasty savouries 7 days a week for you to enjoy, using fantastic local produce. Our coffee is Fairtrade, organic and rainforest certified but above all is expertly made and tastes great, and we do our bit to maintain the superb environment we are in by recycling and encouraging less packaging for our take-aways.So pop in before or after your walk, or if you're really organised phone ahead & order a posh picnic, crammed with goodies to enjoy on your walk. We'll happily fill your flask with our gorgeous soup on colder days.Free wi-fi is available, there are treats for your four-legged friends, so join us at VG for a warm welcome and a spot of heritage on the Eyam trail. Finalist in the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards Tea Room of the Year 2012, Cafe of the Year 2013. Awarded Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2013 Free Wifi
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Friendly, clean, character tea shop in lovely location. Lovely warm scones with cream tea but quite extensive menu. Lovely.

1  Thank ChesterEmma
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

What a lovely review! Thank you!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Called in after a visit to Eyam Hall. Much preferred to The Buttery there. Lovely and airy in the cafe. Great tea and coffee and the courgette and lime cake wasbest we've had anywhere.

2  Thank Geoff Nickolds
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us & if you ever want to re-create the courgette cake at home just email me for the recipe!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lovely little cafe nestled in the village of Eyam. Good quality food and service (although a little pricey). Wellworth a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fantastic venue, simple, clean , fabulous warm and welcoming service.... Amazing scones and the children loved the hot chocolate - Highly recommend a visit - made the snowy , cold walk worthwhile - A great venue with fab staff.

2  Thank MrsD91
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thanks for your lovely comments & taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited with some local friends who recommended that's where we should go for lunch.

The cafe itself is really cute inside and feels light and airy. It was such a lovely day so we were able to sit outside! There was a lovely choice of things at the counter to inspire us and the menu had loads of choice it was quite hard to decide!

we all had various toasties- which were delicious. I had cheese, ham and plum chutney which was amazing. The food was well presented and it came with delicious coleslaw and seriously good salad. I don't always eat the "garnish" on a plate- but that was certainly not garnish and definitely for eating!

We were pretty full but couldn't say no to a cake! My friend had the courgette and lime cake - looked amazing. I must try making one! I had the chocolate cake which was amazing. My husband had a rice crispy cake- but it was no ordinary rice crispy cake- it had chocolate and orange and ginger in it making it a great adults treat! (I cant remember what my friend's husband had!)

great atmosphere- didnt feel rushed. Friendly staff who told me about the cake when I said how nice it was.
My friend and I also purchased some seeded flour and malt flour from inside which we look forward to using.

If I am back in Eyam- I will return!

2  Thank gingermrs
Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely comments & so glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope we see you again next time you visit the Peak District.