“a superb find”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Eyam
Cuisines: Deli, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes and cook tasty savouries 7 days a week for you to enjoy, using fantastic local produce. Our coffee is Fairtrade, organic and rainforest certified but above all is expertly made and tastes great, and we do our bit to maintain the superb environment we are in by recycling and encouraging less packaging for our take-aways.So pop in before or after your walk, or if you're really organised phone ahead & order a posh picnic, crammed with goodies to enjoy on your walk. We'll happily fill your flask with our gorgeous soup on colder days.Free wi-fi is available, there are treats for your four-legged friends, so join us at VG for a warm welcome and a spot of heritage on the Eyam trail. Finalist in the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards Tea Room of the Year 2012, Cafe of the Year 2013. Awarded Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2013 Free Wifi
Reviewed February 24, 2013

After a 3 hour mountain bike ride Bolsover and District Cycle Club were delighted to find this warm welcoming new cafe. Most enjoyed superb coffee and cakes while I had a tasty beautifully presented goats cheese tart on a bed of caramelised onion with bread and salad. I paid £6.90 for this which unlike some of the other posters I think represents excellent value. I am certainly looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

As a fully paid up member of the Cafe Culture I can't recommend Village Green enough. I eat there regularly and there's a reason for that - Sara and the team have created a welcoming place that delivers excellent food but with touches that you're unlikely to find anywhere else (I'm pretty sure courgette is a vegetable, but bake it in a cake with lime and you have a winner!)
A relaxed feel, top-notch food, wonderful home-made cakes and outstanding personal service make this the place to eat in Eyam.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food is of a decent quality but is simply too expensive. I have read the owners reply to some previous comments and I simply don't agree. Using "expensive ingredients" does not warrant passing the cost on to the consumer.

4  Thank Joe B
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sara and her team are always welcoming to visitors and locals alike. Sara finds time for a chat in between baking her delicious home cooked cakes. The pastries from Welbeck and the bread from Roses is always scrumptious

Sara P, Owner at Village Green, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for those lovely words - we are blessed with lovely customers and I am so pleased that you enjoy what we do.
The superb support and encouragment we have received since we opened has been amazing and we strive to keep on improving!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

All the way from Canada, we made a day trip to Eyam and were made to feel so comfortable in this cheerful tearoom. Delicious ice cream and other treats! It was very clean with a pleasant atmosphere and offered prompt service without making us feel rushed. We visited at the start of our day and decided to return before leaving the village. Even though it was the end of their work day and I'm sure they were tired, as we were, they were so gracious and helpful. We had missed the last bus of the day. They allowed us to wait in the cafe after closing, organized a taxi for us, kindly provided an ice cream treat while we waited and ensured we were safely on our way. These were fantastic ladies! They were friendly and helpful and we were so grateful to them. They turned a potentially negative situation into a very charming memory for us.

Dear Ladies,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Your comments were lovely and I'm so glad we left you with happy memories.
I just wanted to say that you left us with happy memories also & I won't forget your words of wisdom about the importance of taking a moment to sit on a bench and enjoy an ice-cream in the sun.

Much love from across the pond,
Sara
(PS - you can keep up with our progress on Facebook at cafevillagegreen!)