“Fantastic Night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Abridge B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Night”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I celebrated my 21st birthday here back in may, couldnt fault the service or the food (excellent) overall it was a great night.
Then we returned on Saturday 22nd September to celebrate our engagement we were in the function room which was perfect as there was alot of us. Again excellent food and the staff couldnt be more helpful (great service). Would definately recommend to anyone wanting to go for a meal or to celebrate something special. We will definately be returning!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Two of us visited The Blue Boar in Abridge today, Wed 29th August. We decided to try the two course meal for £10.00. What real value for money it was! We both had the spicy red pepper and tomatoe soup served with french bread, it was the best that I have tasted. For the second course we had cod, fried in a beer batter with chips, it was absolutely delicious! The fish was very large and pure white, infact it was so large that I could not eat it all. I ended up asking for a doggie bag so as I could take it home for my cats.
It is decorated out nicely and very clean.
The staff were very attentive and friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. I think that makes a big difference when you go out for a meal.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, and I hope to be visiting there again in the very near future. They have a beautiful room that is decorated in silver and black and seats 10 people round 1 table. The room is ideal for a special night out with family and friends, or for a birthday or anniversary.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynn N
Buckhurst Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Ive been to the blue boar a few times now and the service was very good every time the staff were helpful and friendly, the had a good knowldge of the menus and nothing was to much trouble. I've got a good knowldge of food and have been involved in restaurants for many years, the food is quite simple but always cleanly presented and flavours complement each other, in my experience its the basics done well that matters, very nice and I will recommend the restaurant in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
london
Reviewed July 1, 2012

went there on Saturday 30th June with my partner, his mum and my mum and Dad.Service was excellent, all the waiters/waiteress very smartly dressed and very attentive. |Decor pleasant . Had three different menus to choose from which included a good number of fish dishes. I had the Butterfish off the specials menu , its a beautiful meaty fish you very rarely see in restuarants and it was beautifully cooked. I won;'t go through what everyone esle had but everyone finished their plates with glee. Not all of us could manage desserts , i shared one with my mother . Would i go ago - yes undoubtly. Want to try their sunday lunch .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chigwell England
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We live 5 mins by car from the restaurant. We have eaten here about 5 times. The food and service were very good and we will be going again in the future. The price is fair also, not expensive. I would recommend the Blue boar as a nice place to eat out for evening or Sunday Lunch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Essex, UK
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Ate here on the evening of Friday 1st June after seeing some nice fish dishes on their website for "Fish Friday" however when I got there at 6.30 p.m. in the evening, none of the fish advertised on the website was available. I struggled to find something else to choose on the menu as really fancied fish however ended up ordering garlic king prawns for starter and BBQ ribs for main course. At £7.50 I considered the starter expensive with four (small) king prawns and a measly bit of salad garnish. The bread was stale and when I enquired about this I was told that it was Greek style bread and is supposed to be rock hard. Then the main course came. I couldn't tell you what the ribs tasted like as they were coated so thickly in BBQ sauce I had to scrape it off, there was so much of it, I couldn't taste anything else. Overall, poor service from the waiting staff, poor food quality, and expensive. I will never go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MumofOne
Cambs UK
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed there on business and ate there in the evening. The hotel rooms were very large tastefully decorated and very clean. Large flat screen TV and modern ensuite facilities. Only drawback was breakfast was only available as continental in room and at an extra charge. However the Log Cabin cafe round the corner served an excellent full english for £5.

The food in the restaurant was pretty good and considering location it was reasonably priced. would recommend and go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CJ1411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abridge
Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel
Elmcroft Guest House
Elmcroft Guest House
#1 of 3 in Epping
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to The Blue Boar? Share your experiences!