All reviewsorganic gardenthe ownerhomemade lemonhome grownnaxos townmoussakatraditional greek cuisinesea viewthe hotel is cleanspent one nightbeautiful villagesmall beachchairs and umbrellashome cookingfine sandthe hotel stafffresh products
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This hotel is an excellent stay for Naxos, especially if you like to be outside of the crowded Naxos town. It's in the wilder northern side of the island, about 55' minutes from the port, and in the center of the nice village of Apollonas.
I would recommend a rental car to be there, also to be able to move around in the different beaches and villages of the island. However, it looks that a bi-daily bus connect Apollonas with Naxos town (and other villages).
The hotel owner, Mr. Stamatis, and his crew are excellent in making everything they can to feel you comfortable and at home.
Rooms are ok, clean and with balcony (and A/C). Free wifi, a bit slow (but in line with other experience in Greece, especially counting you're on an island).
Excellent breakfast, particularly the home-made cakes, the Greek nut cream, the lemon juice, the Greek yogurt. Very good the dinner also (food must be ordered in advance) and I will include their moussaka in the top-pick-list. Just try it!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Dear Roberto,
Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Adonis Hotel so much! I am also very happy that you liked our breakfast buffet and our homemade meals.
It is true that it is recommended to rent a car before you come to Apollon, because the rental car services can be found only at the port of Naxos. If you wish to visit other villages and beaches, you need to rent a car, whether you are staying at Apollon or Naxos town.
Send my greetings to your family and I hope that we will have the chance to meet again in the future!

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Adonis is a small hotel. Perfect to visit Appolon. Perfect location!

The hotel is old but the owner is extremely nice, polite, helpful and generous.
The hotel has its own garden and we ate fresh products. The breakfast is delicious.
We loved our stay on this place.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Linda,
Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed so much your stay at Adonis Hotel, and I am especially happy that you liked our breakfast buffet! It is true that the hotel is old, but we are constantly making renovations. We have already planned a bathroom renovation for this fall.
I hope we will meet again someday! Give my greetings to the children!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very good value for money.

The owner goes out of his way to please you and we were delighted to be met by him at the port in Naxos town.

The hotel is a good hour away from Naxos town. Please be aware of that but don't let it stop you from coming to Apollon.

The lonely planet guide describes Apollon as "scrappy" - that's a bit unfair. There are a number of decent cafes and tavernas right on the water's edge and you feel very much like you are holidaying in a working town rather than visiting a tourist destination.

The food in the hotel is good but you have to order earlier in the day. All the vegetables come from the hotels own gardens. The local wine is very strong. We had a 500ml carafe, a Greek salad and Briam (baked courgettes, onions tomatoes and potatoes with halloumi style cheese) with bread for 17 euros. Great value.

We asked the owner to drive us to Naxos so we could hire a car. The transfer cost 40 euros, the car 45euros a day, but it was absolutely worth it to explore the island and then come back to Apollon.

Hotel rooms are basic but very clean. Showers would benefit from a fixed shower head on the wall.

In summary - come here but bring a hire car (I recommend Fun Cars in Naxos town)

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abbeyhill81
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear Jenny,
Thank you very much for your kind words! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Adonis Hotel so much and that you appreciated the effort we put in our work as well as the beauty of Apollon Village. I am also very glad that you liked our homegrown products!
It is true that Apollon is one hour away from the port of Naxos and that it is recommended to rent a car in order to take advantage of its position. It is also true that I charged the minibus service with 40 euros due to the fact that you were the only ones that requested transfer. If other people also wanted to use the minibus service the same day with you, then the price would be much lower, in fact as low or even lower that the local bus ticket. Bare in mind that the local taxis may charge you double than that.
As far as the showers go, we have already planned a renovation for September-October of this year.
Thank you again very much for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future! Perhaps next time you will rate us with a 5 out of 5!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Comfortable room. Extremely helpful hotel staff. Very near famous Kouros and some lovely mountain scenery. Possible to eat dinner in hotel if one didn't want to go out to the local tavernas. Sea view. The best place to stay to explore the north of Naxos.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your time at Adonis Hotel so much! It is true that Apollon Village is an excellent place to start your exploration of Naxos Island! But you definitely need to bring your own car or hire a car from Naxos Town. Otherwise the local bus doesn't have a very convenient timetable. Our Hotel on the other hand has a minibus service that can prove helpful.
I hope we will meet again in the future! Next time you come we will try even harder so that you will rate us with a 5 out of 5 at Tripadvisor!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

We spent 7days at this small,family run hotel in Apollon having originally planned to stay for only 3days.Stammatis and his staff looked after us very well.Rooms were clean,beds comfortable and we only had to ask for anything we wanted for it to be supplied.Great scenery at this northern end of Naxos.Apollon gets busy during the day but is almost deserted at night.Local taverna owners are all delightful and were pleased of our custom.
The bus company could be more helpful with the times of transport from Apollon to Naxos.A truly peaceful spot to spend a few days.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear Kathy,
Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Next time you visit we will try even harder so that you will rate Adonis Hotel with a 5 out of 5! It is true that the bus service in Naxos is not the best, but the hotel offers a minibus that can facilitate your transports for the same or a lower price than the price of the tickets of the local bus.
I hope that we will have to meet again in the near future! Give my greetings to Robert!