“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grille 54 - CLOSED

Grille 54
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great spot”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Go there when a good client is in town or a date night. Incredible food, great service and great atmosphere. Typically order the "What the How" (not on the menu but make when requested) and the "Screamin' Delight". Highly recommend.

Harry-0072, Owner at Grille 54, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review and glad you recognize our unique atmosphere and delicious sushi!

Michigan
“New late night find”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were desperate for a late night dinner the night we flew in to Florida. Typically the little restaurants are closed on our drive to our family's house, but this place was hopping! The atmosphere was 20-30 yr. olds, and it was very busy. My husband ordered a steak and I got the sushi. Both excellent quality. Edamame appetizer a little too salty for our taste. A DJ was there and started playing good music that made the time waiting for food go by fast. This is a good spot for a friday night late dinner, and a good alternative to the typical chain restaurants or fast food in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Harry-0072, Owner at Grille 54, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for the great review and we're happy you appreciate our "non-chain" approach! That's exactly what we'd like to avoid while still maintaining big company quality and standards! Hope to see you back soon!
Atlanta
“A grill I don't have to send back would be nice”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to Grille 54 since it opened. Unfortunately, I've always had to send my steak back because it's always been under cooked. Tonight, the steak was first overcooked and the second steak was undercooked. To make matters worse, the $8 potatoes au gratin were under cooked and tasteless.

All in all, this place is over priced.

The best thing about were the draught beers!

1 Thank rbutterwood
Harry-0072, Owner at Grille 54, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Sorry about you less than excellent service. Perhaps the waiter didn't communicate your preference properly. It is something we'll continue to train our staff on - the importance of listening and communicating properly with the chef. I hope you'll give us another chance...
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

It's Friday and need lunch. Remembered there being a place on 54 in Trinity, so I stop. It's not busy and am seated right away. Server is polite and I order the meatball sub. It come quickly, but it's cold and the side of the day is a cold bean salad( couldn't eat it). First and last time. I'm a firm believer in what is served, even if it's not your specialty, reflects on the entire menu. If it's on the menu it is your specialty, so it better be good. Not!

1 Thank Timthebuilder
Trinity, Florida
“Will not be taking people here anymore!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are locals and often eat at grille 54. We have always loved their menus, and service. Anytime we have company, we immediately suggest this place bc it was one of our favorites.
Not sure what's going on there but over the past year, we have had problem after problem.
Last night will be our last night eating there. We called ahead to make a reservation - which they wouldn't accept as we were a party of 6 not 8. When we arrived, we were told it would be 30-45 min wait (which we expected and were ok with). We stood at the bar and waited....and waited. After 1.5 hours, my husband went to see what was going on and get a new time window on how long it would be. The hostess (rudely) said that there were 3 tables in front of us. We waited for another 30 (now having waited 2 hours to be seated). We watched 4 more tables go. I went over, politely asked again how much longer and the hostess said AGAIN, that there were 3 tables in front of us. when I said that we has seen many tables get seated, she replied that they were reservations. I said how we has tried to make a reservation but weren't allowed and all of those tables were also under 8. She didn't deny this, but rudely said "it's not my fault people aren't getting up". At this point I just walked away...took my child to the restroom. The bathroom had 3 stalls, 2 toilets that didn't work and a broken sink in the other. When I got back, my table had been seated (2 hours, 15 min after arriving). The waitress then came to take our order, however, was also very rude and rushed with us. We ordered, waited another 30 min and then requested to have our food to go.
So, after 3 hours, we left with our food and $130 bill. The food was not good and I was embarrassed that we had recommended this place for our company (again).
We have had a handful of bad experiences with this place over the past year, but last night was our last visit. We can no longer expect a great atmosphere, friendly service and great food.

• Visited March 2014