“Pleasant meal and knowledgable waitress”
Review of Grille 54 - CLOSED

Grille 54
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was pleasantly suprised going in here because I thought it was a little strange that the menu offers Italian and sushi. My husband and I are not sushi lovers so we stuck with the Italian and it was very good. I had the eggplant tier and it was quite tasty and my husband ordered mahi with potatos and broccoli. We brought home a piece of chocolate mousse cake that was so good! We will go back but I did think it was a little pricey.

1  Thank bgreenley
Hari-OO7, Owner at Grille 54, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the 4 star reviews. As you know, we have two chefs - one for sushi and one for the non-Japanese items so we always strive for the best quality. We also do our best to keep prices as reasonable as possible but since we always want to use the freshest and best quality ingredients, prices may sometimes reflect the superior product. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Mostly mediocre with some highlights. My four dinner companions and I were seated in one their strange, circular booths that I think is supposed to seat six but with five it was still a stretch. The perfectly straight highback made sitting a little stiff and uncomfotable. Service was good, and our waitress, Kara, was friendly and personable. The old fashioned I ordered, watered down or made improperly, was one of the worst I've ever had, and was sent back promptly and changed to a bottled beer (why risk it right?).

I ordered two apps for dinner- mussels with white wine sauce and saussge and peppers. The mussels were really very tasty, I just wished I'd had more of them; it seemed a small portion for $8.99. The sausage and peppers were pitiful though. They were served in a cast iron casserole dish buried under a thick layer of pizza-style mozzarella ( I know, you think that's good but it's really not- why not fresh?). The sauce was weird, like a reduction of V8, lacking seasoning and herbs with a pronounced sweetness. The sausage looked as though boiled or steamed, evident by the absence of browning. This too was sent back. Oddly, the waitress said everyone loves that dish. But certainly no comparison to the version at, say, Carrabas.

My dinner companions didn't have any complaints though. The sushi looked good but I didn't try it. The chicken piccata looked anemic and the salmon was slightly undercooked, but again, no complaints though no one had anything remarkable to say. The girls enjoyed the peanut butter pie.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

2 for lunch please. Ordered a hamburger and lobster roll. Both were delicious. The hamburger was cooked perfectly with American cheese and the french fries were great! The lobster roll was also phenomenal but not your classic New England lobster roll. The lobster was in 3 pieces of toasted bread placed in a taco holder. Don't be fooled it was on of the best lobster rolls I have had since leaving New England. The lobster was fresh and delectable. We sat at the bar and conversed with Marco the bar tender who was very friendly. The only negatives about this place is it is so dark during the day because they keep the curtains closed, the booths are are so high it reminds me of Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas and at night is is the same. Also, they have a great Sushi Bar.

Go to this place and go often! I have not been disappointed yet in my selections here!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

...not necessarily. I've heard the words "urban sophistication" used in the same sentence as Grille 54 but I don't buy it. You can't make yourself more sophisticated by raising your prices. Grille 54 has a fancy sign reminiscent of "Studio 54" but inside it feels like a sports bar (with emphasis on "bar"). Oh the staff was very nice, but the atmosphere was drab; too-loud big screen TV's tuned to baseball and golf stifled conversation; and it was hot and humid. By the time we were finished we were well ready to head outside to the 88-degree Florida evening to cool off. It's an odd combination of two restaurants under one roof: Italian steakhouse and Sushi Bar. Seating for diners feels cramped in the main area with a couple of weird raised swooping curved booths in the front corner windows that seat a few but mostly take up far too much space. Maybe 10 tables or so in another cramped looking outdoor seating area. Lots of room at the bar though and even bar tables in the middle of the room so, if you want a place to sit, watch a big flat screen and bend your elbow this might be a good choice. Food...well the food was not bad but to me not worth half the $105.00 it cost for my wife and I to have dinner, two appetizers and she wine with water and coffee for me. I guess maybe if you spend a lot of time in rural Florida, having a place serving steamed edamame and sushi might feel quite urban and sophisticated...to you I say enjoy. But despite the best efforts of a fine staff the price is too high in my opinion for value received.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

went for lunch and it was just as good as their dinner. Our server was Tess and she was phenomenal! Her attention to detail and her knowledge of the menu was superb. For lunch I had the best lobstah rolls here in Fl. They come as an appetizer 3 on a plate, with toasted bread (not the usual type of lobster roll) filled with lobster and it's fixings! This filled me up and I did not order anything else. Grouper sandwich was also ordered and per my friend it was delectable, moist, fresh, and tasty.

Although the prices are a bit hefty they are well worth going to see. They also have a sushi bar. We give this 15 thumbs up and will continue to frequent this restaurant. go and enjoy!