“Great Drinks!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We love the menu. It's a crazy selection of sushi, Italian and wood-grilled items, but it really works for us. I'm a sushi fan and my husband is a meat lover (Italian food too). The sushi is great, the Italian food was incredible and I've had some delicious grilled mahi-mahi. Nice salads too! The atmosphere is okay, it's a place for a fun date night, but I wouldn't choose them for a big romantic evening (I would give them a 5 star otherwise). Their staff is fantastic, friendly and knowledgeable. I am really impressed with the people they have working for them. Great bartenders, the type that remember your name and drink and say hello. An old fashioned style of service that seemed to have disappeared when restaurants started hiring cheerleaders instead of pros that know how to grow a bar and restaurant business. If you go, try the Basil Lemongrass martini. Incredible.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came on a Thursday (Italian night) and the place was busy. When we checked in, the hostess estimated our wait time to be 20 minutes, but it was closer to 45. However, judging by the number of people there, it seemed like it might be worth the wait.

Two of us had the 3 course entree special- one with eggplant parmigiana and one with penne a la vodka, one had the fettucine alfredo and the other had the chicken with prosciutto. The caesar salad was nothing special, but the seafood chowder was. It was excellent. I was hopeful that it was a forerunner of things to come, but sadly it was not. The chicken on the three dishes was grainy and tough, especially the chicken with prosciutto. Since chicken was the majority of the dish, that dish was borderline unpalatable. The eggplant was soggy like it was frozen and then reheated, and the flavor was passable, but not great. The vodka sauce tasted like a bad canned sauce and the peas threw off the texture of the dish. The prosciutto was pretty good, and the alfredo sauce tasted like a good canned sauce (if it was freshly made, then it was not very well seasoned).

For dessert for the three couse meal they had lemoncello cake. It was good; it had good texture, and the white chocolate chips in it accentuated the lemon flavor. I like the lemon flavored sugar that they used to decorate the plate. I would have given this a one star, because of how bad the entrees were, but our waiter, Javoni was excellent and the seafood chowder was truly remarkable! He recommended coming for the brunch, but I highly doubt that any of us will be back.

2  Thank TaxLoio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped by Grille 54 to have dinner with the family on a Saturday evening. We ate on the patio so there was no wait for a table. As we walked through I noticed that the dining area was nice. There were partially enclosed two circular tables near the bar that would be nice to sit at with a small group.
The server was very friendly and helpful. She was very quick to get drink refills and our food was delivered promptly.
The portion size is generous, my husband and I shared our dinner with kids and had plenty of food. The dessert menu was very enticing but we will have skip the appetizer to try it next time.
I would recommend this restaurant, I was very pleased with the freshly prepared locally owned restaurant. I prefer to dine in non-chain restaurants.

1  Thank boudta
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant has a large menu with some excellent choices. We found the appetizers to be way above average and dinner was ooutstanding. Excellent service and a very comfortable atmosphere made dining very enjoyable. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Saints2
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had dinner here on afew occasions and have always left satisfied....their sushi is out of this world. They also have some sushi that is Japanese and American fusion. Really good... Their steaks are very good too. They are advertised as prime although I didn't think so. It was still a good cut of meat and they were done just right. Their price tends to be a little bit on the expensive side for what other restaurants I can choose from at the same price. However all the other good steakhouses or restaurants are in Tampa and this saves me the trip. When I and the hubby are feeling in the mood for some delicious nice restaurant food without the drive 54 is definitely our choice

1  Thank Sally P