“Ok for 1night”

Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Stifford
Reviewed December 6, 2013

On pulling up first impression was ok, reception and bar area ok, restaurant for breakfast ok, plenty to choose from although the cooked breakfast could of done with being a little warmer. The room was comfy but nothing special for the price. When you sat up against the headboard the mattress moved down the bed...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faye A
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Faye,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that you had overall enjoyed your experience with us. I will pick up the Matrass issue with housekeeping as that sounds very odd.
Once again many thanks for yoru review.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I used this hotel on a business trip to an oil terminal in the area and I arrived very late right in the middle of a wedding reception. Sadly I wasn't invited and made my way to the room which was very comfortable in every respect. A decent size but sadly no mini-bar.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and while I didn't have the opportunity to take a meal in the evening, the breakfast buffet in the morning was one of the best I have seen in this class of hotel. I was very impressed with the quality of the food.

This will be my hotel of choice if I am visiting the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alexander W

Dear Alexander,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel - I was really pleased to read you had enjoyed your time with us. I do hope next time you are in the area you will come and stay.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Arriving at night the hotel exterior looked attractive but in the day less so. My room was in a newer annexe but the furniture was really tired with heavy staining to the chair arms, not nice. It looked and felt grubby.

I ate in the bar which also really needs refurbishment. My Thai red chicken at nearly £17 was not good value and the serving size poor, presentation was laughable. The bar staff and some off duty colleagues seemed preoccupied with banter so tables went uncleared.

I definitely wouldn't stay again, worst group hotel I've found.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank charlieksays

Dear Charlie,
Many thanks for your feedback I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your experience. I have passed the feedback on to the food and beverage team and have asked them to discuss the issues you outlined.
Once again many thanks for your review.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is OK if you just want a room for the night and you don't really care about anything else, but I certainly wouldn't choose to stay again. Probably a bit better than a Travelodge, but not as good as a Premier Inn. It was also very difficult to find, with very poor signage, so it would be very easy to get lost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you felt that the hotel was bland. Many of our regular guests enjoy staing with us becasue they enjoy the ambience, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food we have on offer. I would be happy to discuss the specifics of your stay should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily or can be emailed at david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to give us your feeback.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to arrive here after a coach journey from Scotland en route to France. My single bedroom was in the newer part of the hotel and had recently been upgraded to a very high standard. Dinner was a carvery. Beautifully cooked large ham and turkey with all the trimmings. Breakfast was buffet style and plentiful. A great start to the holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks for your review on the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your short stay with us on route to France. I know that many of our guests enjoy the Carvery as it gives a good choice and is available quickly to them.
I do hope that next time you are in the area you will considder staying with us.
Kindest regards

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for 1 night whilst working locally.
My room was old and dated, the carpet didn't fully fit the room and was about an inch short under the window. I booked a double room but was given a twin. The bathroom was dated and when switching the bathroom light on you have to wait a couple of minutes for them to brighten up - very odd and not great if you want to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Walls were paper thin - I could clearly hear conversations from the room next door. Wifi is free for 1 device only. If you want to use more than 1 device you have to pay extra.
I ate in the bar and the food was good, I had Thai curry which came with a very greasy popadom - odd since popadoms are an Indian snack, not Thai. Breakfast was decent enough, costs £10 if you stay room only.
There must be better options in the area for £99 a night room only.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your review of the hotel, I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed it. I am aware of a sound proofing issue between some of the rooms - I am currently looking at a possible solution to resolve this, we do have plenty of areas in the hotel that do not have a sound issue - I would be happy to allocate you one of these rooms on your next stay. In terms of the Food we have recently changed our menu and the new Red Thai curry does not have a popadom with it - I quite agree that international food should be kept in context!
Once again many thanks for your feedback

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Kept awake by the sound of a disco, the motorway and other guests in the hallways.
Poor quality, tasteless food at central London prices.
Very poor Internet connection.
Poor taste in decor in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Andrew
Many thanks for the review of the hotel. I was sorry to read you had not enjoyed your experience with us. I would be happy to discuss your stay with you in more detail should you wish to do so and I can be contacted daily at the hotel or can be emailed at david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest regards

The Bell Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock? Share your experiences!