“Poor Service”

Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Stifford
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here on buisness for 4 nights. First impressions were good. Well located just off the M25/A13 Ideal for East London or Essex. Plenty of parking around the hotel, pleasant garden area, staff were friendly and welcoming.

We did have a serious problem on the second night as, through some confusion, mine and a colleagues rooms were re sold! Mysteriously, all our paperwork, sign in etc. went missing. We were left roomless. They offered us single rooms instead stating that there were no doubles available which we knew was a blatant lie. In the end my colleague kicked up such a fuss in front of the check in que that they gave us doubles to go away. The paperwork for our original rooms was never found?

The room was nicely decorated but very basic. No wardrobe as such, just two rails protruding from the walls, storage was very poor with just one drawer which had spare towels in already. It did have a large comfortable bed with a flat screen freeview tv and tea/coffee making facility.

I did not like the shower, it was very slippery and there was nothing to hold on to other than the edge of the glass panel. There was no bath. It was spotlessly clean though.

The bar was ok with friendly staff but the drinks were a little more expensive than what you would pay in a pub. The resteraunt was very good. There was an excellent carvery every night (£14.95 for 2 courses) or the menu which was limited. But the carvery was excellent value with a salad bar or soup for starters and excellent choices of meats or curries.

There are no other facilities at this hotel. Apparently there was a reciprocal agreement with a local leisure centre but that has now ended. After work, there is nothing to do but head for the bar or resteraunt and pace yourself carefully if you are on a limited allowance. There is a small village near the hotel or you can drive down to Lakeside, (the huge retail park), but I'm there to earn money not spend it.

The Park Inn is ok for a one night stay but you would probably be quite unhappy staying a full week, or more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to hear that you had issues with check in - I know over that period there had been a number of issues with bookings not coming into the system which may explain why the paperwork was not there. I am sorry that this caused a problem however I am pleased that the team wew able to rectify this for you.
Please let me know if you are planning to come back to the area and I will ensure that we look after you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nothing to complain about it. The place itself is well maintained and clean. Location is easy to find and it stands in its own private ground. c/in and c/out procedure quick and efficient. The room was well presented, spacious and clean. The breakfast was ok for number of item available. We found the hotel to be overall very good value for money. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review. It was good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped overnight on our way to Tilbury and having got a great deal on the internet did not expect too much, but what a surprise. The hotel was beautifully decorated and very clean, the room was super, although as someone has commented already there was no wardrobe but the hanging space was more than ample for our needs. Very comfortable bed.
We did not have evening meal but made the mistake of going to the pub down the road as recommended by our taxi driver. Wish we'd stayed as the breakfast next morning was very good and the staff in the restaurant, bar and on reception were extremely helpful.
Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the review of the hotel I was delighted to read that you had found everything to your liking. I am sorry that the Taxi driver recomended the pub, he should have been recomending ourselves! We offer a superb menu in both the bar and restaurant we also have the advantage of being able to eat outside in the sun during the warmer months. I do hope you will considder staying with us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We like returning to this hotel for the occasional one-night trip away from home. We always arrange to go on a Sunday to enjoy their excellent three-course lunch,served in an attractive dining-room with pleasant garden views. Once again we were not disappointed with the lunch and wine,nor with out pleasant but comfortable standard room.Normally we have a bar supper,but this time,with a Groupon voucher,were asked to take "dinner " in a room off the dining - room,which is normally used when the restaurant is full.This is an attractive room and always looks very charming at lunch-time ,so that in itself was not a problem.However,I was a little surprised to see firstly that the carpet was very messy - obviously due to lunch-time spillages. Quite frankly, someone/anyone should have quickly run a vacuum cleaner over this between sessions. Secondly, no one had bothered to lay up any tables. Apart from the table - cloth and two randomly placed napkins holding a knife and fork,pub-style, the tables were bare.This was such a contrast to the immaculately and formally laid tables at lunch-time and,indeed,at breakfast time, that I could hardly believe that the restaurant staff who usually work to high formal standards could consider such casualness was appropriate for an evening meal labelled "dinner".Having already had a traditional lunch,including the carvery,which was still available in the evening,freshly cooked,we chose options from the main menu.Most of the dishes were fine,with the exception of the fish-cake with poached egg and a few salad leaves.This was not really adequate for a main dish. The thin fish-cake,in a thick hard crust ,had hardly any fish or anything else for that matter and was really below par.I do not often complain about food here or at any Park Inn for that matter but the advisibility of serving this up should really be looked at very critically,in the interest of both quality and value. Breakfast,as usual,was an excellent buffet spread,with both cooked and continental options.We will not allow these minor disappointments to deter us from visiting the Park Inn again. In general the food is very good and service excellent and room standards always very sound.Sorry,old friend,that I have thought it necessary to voice a few complaints this time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and for coming back to the hotel- t is always good to see regulars coming back to the hotel. I was pleased to read that generally you found everything as it should be. I have passed on your feedback about the evening meal and the set up of the restaurant as I would agree with you that it certainly should have been vaccumed and looked at its best. I have also spoken to the Chef about the fishcakes and have asked him to review the quality as I can see why you did nto enjoy them as much as you had expected,.
I do hope you will come back to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Sent mum and dad on an overnight stay on a Groupon voucher.

They reported back lovely staff, nice room but evening meal was of a poor standard.

Breakfast buffet was slightly better.

There is a nice garden with some seating area.

Bar is nice and cosy.

• Stayed: April 2013

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that overall your Mum enjoyed her stay with us. I was sorry to hear that they did not enjoy their evening meal with us. I would be happy to discuss this in more detail should you wish to do so. My email address is david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com or can be contacted on 01708749988.
Once again many thanks for your review

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was here for three nights. Upon arrival I was meet by a helpful and friendly receptionist however my personal details were wrong on the paperwork, (No big deal)

My room was at the back of the hotel, nice and quiet, very roomy, big flat screen TV, nice modern spacious bathroom with toiletries.

I had issues with the free Wfi but the receptionist sorted my lap top out for me very nicely.

The bar/Grill was not what you would expect given the frontage of the hotel and the food was actually very "Pub Grub" I did not sample the resteraunt though.

Really comfortable bed and a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was in the dining room and was a buffet style with a good selection of hot and cold food although I was waiting quite a while to be checked into the dining room and I was not the only one. Breakfast the second day was a bit hit and miss as the dining room was very busy when I went in and half the hot food selection had run out and you had to wait for top ups, but only a ,minor glitch. The breakfast was not the best I have had but perfectly adequate. Also plenty of parking.

There are a couple of Harvesters quite near if you fancy them rather than the hotel bar/grill.

My only gripe about the room was that there seemed to be quite a lot of surface dust as though the room had been made up but not stayed in for a while. Wipe your hand on the plastic chair and it was covered in dust.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Dino,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was delighted to see that we had looked after you. We do have a good location close to M25, Dartford bridge, Lakeside and in a very nice village location.
I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will considder staying with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Good rooms, location and breakfast!
Staff have outstanding customer service. Rooms clean and comfortable, maybe a little small for the amount of furniture in them.

Car park at front was very full (there was an event on) but there was still ample parking on site - I found a car park that was completely empty!

Will be back soon !

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Twink_E

Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you will come back and stay very soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stifford
#1 of 3 in West Thurrock
Travelodge Thurrock M25
Travelodge Thurrock M25
#3 of 3 in West Thurrock

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock? Share your experiences!