“Fantastic”
Review of Pebble Beach Rooms

Pebble Beach Rooms
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We recently ate here and it was fabulous. The service was attentive and second to none. We had the Fruit de Mer and the seafood was so fresh and superbly cooked. I would recomend this restaurant wholeheartedly.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Ticta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Devon
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I only booked this hotel as it was close to where I was visiting the next day, when in conversation to local people to say where I was staying they were very complimentary of the Pebble beach, so my expectations were high before I arrived. I was not disappointed on arrival I was met with a welcoming member of staff. I was shown to my room and also shown the Penthouse on my request. My room was very comfortable, modern Bathroom with plenty of toiletries and a very comfortable bed. I always have eve meal in my room when I travel alone, the Pebble Beach don’t normally provide room service, however the staff accommodated me very well in my room and the food was amazing. I would defiantly stay here again also I would pay for the penthouse Suite if I wanted to have a special weekend away in the New Forest, I could imagine if the weather was glorious you would have a brilliant view of the sea and the Isle of White, amazing food and great service.

Room Tip: You cant request a sea view room as the Penthouse takes the complete view of the sea.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tracey B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed at Pebble Beach with a group of friends and had an amazing time. The restaurant food was delicious and the staff were very helpful, going out of their way to make our stay as easy and enjoyable as possible. This included helping us with taxis, tailoring menu options and serving our large group at short notice. Was very impressed with the quality of accommodation, service and food. We had the option of being served in the penthouse which was a lovely experience. The penthouse suite was luxurious and we had a very relaxing stay. Would highly reccommend - excellent holiday and thank you to the staff at Pebble Beach.

Room Tip: The Penthouse Suite is absolute luxury - offering all that you could ask for and more.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrea L
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Pebble Beach has been voted as sixth best place to eat alfresco in the country and regularly rated excellent in quality. Fish is the speciality here and it is the one place I would always trust for perfectly cooked fish and shell food whose provenance you can trust.
We eat here fairly regularly and we have never been disappointed by the kitchen's out put. We used to think the service didn't quite match the kitchen however I would now say that is not the case. We also like the Chewton Glen, however we now nearly always come here as the Chewton has become less reliable and when spending more than you average amount of money for a meal, that matters. This offers very good food at affordable prices and Dover Sole for around £21 is a good deal.

Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Derms-reviews
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We go to this restaurant regularly for morning coffee and meals as we live locally and because it gives us everything we could want. The staff are friendly and helpful, the newly vamped decor is lovely and the chef and his staff produce gorgeous meals. Last Friday we decided to indulge in the Lobster and Strawberry menu and were so impressed we felt we had to go again on Sunday. We thought it was an absolute bargain and we had a thoroughly good gastronomic treat. On both occasions we had the profiteroles which were so good we had to order seconds. If we are lucky they might become a regular feature?

We can't fault this restaurant and think they strike exactly the right balance in everything. Oh yes, and the view of the Isle of Wight is always wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

6 of us joined other friends at Pebble beach for a super "Best of British lunch.

We were greeted on arrival by friendly staff with warm smiles & a glass of complimentary Champagne & appetizers which were lovely.

I slipped on my Prince Charles mask & modelled for numerous photo's with other Jubilant guests around the newly styled bar area.... we soon forgot about the wind & rain outside & began enjoying our Jubilee celebrations in the warm & friendly environment.

20 of us sat down & had a super 4 course meal, trying the very best of British delights including super red & white wines & even a very pleasant sparkling wine that would give any Champagne a run for it's money.

Irish coffee's, complimentary cakes & numerous liqueurs later we gathered around the bar once again where we were welcomed & it had all began 4 hours earlier.

The friendly staff & gracious owner, were very accommodating to all our needs & made our Jubilee lunch one we will always remember. God Save the Queen & Long Live Pebble Beach!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JPCSFM
Chelmsford
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I took my husband for his 40th birthday and we stayed in the Penthouse, whilst it's pricey it was definitely worth the look on his face when he saw it . It is everything the web site says and more. The Strawberries and Champagne were a wonderful welcome when we arrived.
The staff were great, very attentive. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was excellent and for what we had , good value for money.
We decided to have breakfast in our room, which turned up on time and was really tasty. It was nice not having to rush to get ready to go downstairs for breakfast, it was great to just relax.
The views are spectacular and I can imagine if the weather was right, it would be a real pleasure to eat outside or just sit on the sun loungers and relax, but unfortunately for us, the weather was blowing a gale. It just means we need to return when the weather is better.
We had just one slight hiccup - the plug wasn't working on the bath - but never mind, there is a great shower.
And just one last point, I read this on another review and it couldn't be truer, when you turn up and sat nav says you've arrived, you will take a second look - the outside doesn't do the inside justice - but don't judge a book by it's cover - I would go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: We didn't see any other room other than the penthouse, but from the layout, I would think you ca...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barton-on-Sea
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Lord Bute Hotel
#2 of 11 in Christchurch
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to Pebble Beach Rooms? Share your experiences!