“More than just a restaurant!”
Review of Kayak Cafe - CLOSED

Kayak Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I along with some friends had an opportunity to try out this great attraction/ restaurant. And what a great experience it was.

First, Richard (owner) is there to greet you and make sure you find a parking spot. Then, chose your package (canoe or kayak, 2 or single) and the length of your kayak ride- we had 4 single kayaks. We were given clear instructions on what to look for and off we went. The scenery along the river is nice and it's a very easy ride. Nice smooth current to get you going and lots of rest sand bars along the way. It was spectacular to hear the water and spend the morning cruising down the river.

Richard met us at the designated pick up point, loaded our kayaks onto the trailer and we were given a leisurely ride back to the Cafe. Before leaving, our kayak experience gave us a little appetite so we stopped off at the Cafe. They have a great outdoor deck overlooking the river. The service was cordial and swift. The menu choices are plentiful and varied. Contrary to some comments I have read below, the portions are sufficient. No one at our table had any issues. What was fun to see was the getting away from french fries and offering a great vegetable dip and accompanying salad - a great healthy choice after a physical activity. I ordered a club sandwich on ciabatta bread and my friends ordered veggie burgers ("it has some great zest") while another ordered a home made pizza with great toppings including broccoli!

Overall the people from top to bottom were terrific and very pleasant. I would recommend this as a great morning or afternoon activity that is affordable and out of the ordinary. Friends and family are sure to enjoy this little gem near Mont Tremblant.

1  Thank AMorneau

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere great service with live music added makes an avenging at the KC a fun experience
We also did the kayak trip which was great fun thank you all we have loved it here
Coming to Quebec has been fabulous we have loved every minute here

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently cycled the P'tit Train du Nord and was pleased to find this lovely restaurant along the route. We were anxious for some good food stops and this was one of our best stops along the way for food. The location is perfect for cyclists and the view is lovely! It was raining that day but we really enjoyed the covered terrace and the menu is delightful. My friend had the house salad which was not only lovely looking but delicious. I wished we tried the mushroom and brie on toast as it looked extraordinary. Our burgers were good, perhaps a little over-cooked but then I know that restaurants these days are very sensitive to the issues around burgers that are not well-done. Anyway, the staff are excellent, the menu selection is great. I would have returned there for supper but we decided to eat at the auberge where we were staying. Bad choice.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a group of nine on vacation in Labellle QC for a week. We ate here 3 times - and enjoyed all 3 dinners!

4 Adults, 5 Teenagers all found something to like on the menu.

Braised Beef Quebecois was OUTSTANDING, Great Steak, Mussels.....and the Vegetable Soup was great!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our lunch at this bistro overlooking the Riviere Rouge, at low flow this year with sand bars and banks where we watched kids play and adults stroll. The mushroom and brie on toast was delicious and the Queen Elizabeth cake was out of this world, to die for- and I am not usually a desert fan. The service was fast and fun with engaging banter. Tourists (other cyclists) but also locals were enjoying the sun and food on the terrace.I saw the menu on the board for evening diner and would have stayed over jin Labelle ust for another meal! Also next time we will be sure to rent kayaks from the same location for a stroll on the river. Maybe we cycle up one way and float down the other (they will pick you up at designated spots downstream for the return back to base).

1  Thank RenataOttawa