“Great sandwiches and atmosphere”
Review of Smoke Meat Pete

Smoke Meat Pete
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in L'Ile-Perrot
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Great sandwiches and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great Montreal-style smoked meat, peppery and moist (similar, but not exactly the same as kosher deli corned beef). I recommend medium (fat) for some added flavor and texture. I didn't love the fries - I prefer thin cut McDonalds-style fries. Live blues and rock in the evenings, and the joint has the feel of a road house -- laid back, no-frills, slightly gritty, friendly. Bring cash; credit isn't accepted.

• Visited July 2013

montreal
“Could be improved!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wait is too long. They don't have service at the tables, interac unavailable, wait is too long, way too long. At least food is good. Little things could make this place great.

• Visited June 2013
Ontario
“Great Smoke Meat!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great smoked meat sandwich! Fries great. Cherry coke - what more can I say! We will be back! We were there at lunch so did not experience the music. Ate outside on picnic table which was great since it was such a nice day. The staff is super friendly and service was quick! Great spot!

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Quebec
“Extremely inconsistent!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used to frequent this place and truly enjoyed the experience, sandwiches "were" great!! I'm not sure what went wrong but my last 3 visits were discussing, a plate consisting of 80% fat is completely unacceptable. At one point I took apart one of mine and a friends sandwich and asked the waitress to tell me if she would eat that and she said no way!! She returned our meat and only then did we get something reasonable. I decided to give it another try only to get a sandwich with 80% white greasy fat. I decided I have better things to do than return plates loaded with fat for $30 a pair.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Takiss
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Smoked meat”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I really enjoy the smoked meat here. I find the medium to fat tastes the best. I have never gone during non-peak periods, but when they are busy the sandwiches are fantastic. I also eat a Schwartz's, done so for many years. I enjoy both. Unfortunate that you can't use a credit card at Pete's unless you are buying briskets to go. With a steamer you can take a brisket home and in 75 minutes you can have great sandwiches for an army of hungry people, much cheaper that way. If you're in the west island go here and eat before the music starts, it tends to get loud as it gets later.

• Visited September 2012