“A Great Little Hideaway”
Review of The Little Gloster

The Little Gloster
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Gurnard
Cuisines: Seafood, Danish, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Little Gloster is a award winning family restaurant with rooms located on the seas edge. Serving predominately local produce in a simplistic scandinavian relaxed atmosphere. It is listed in the michelin guide and the good food guide as being one of the best new entries in the uk The wine list is interesting, comprising of over 90% organic wines. . The cocktail list encompasses the same philosophy as the food and wine menu which is well thought out and delivered, focussing on the seasons. please note on bank holidays we open on sundays until 11:00pm, on mondays 9:00-18:00 and are closed on the tuesday
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stumbled across this super little hotel and restaurant. The location is fantastic, super sea views. Second visit. The staff are excellent, friendly, knew how to serve food correctly. No hassle or rushed. Place was very relaxing and peaceful. Food first class. Will be calling in again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for a birthday meal. It was lovely except for a couple of things which let it down. These were:
A) We chose to go here after looking at the menu online. I'm a vegetarian and wanted to try their (only) vegetarian main course (a spanakopita). However, the menu there was completely different, despite the online menu not being a 'sample' menu and the desired menu also being mounted on the wall in the toilets there! Quite confusing. My boyfriend had also picked what he was going to have, which again didn't appear on the menu. Not to say the food wasn't nice - it was lovely - just felt this was a bit misleading.
B) I was asked on the phone if it was a special occasion - I said yes, it's my boyfriends birthday. The lady said "ok wonderful, we'll take care of that for you." So we decided not to have champagne beforehand, thinking a glass might be offered..? But there was absolutely no mention of any birthday, which didn't matter overly, but seemed a bit misleading and pointless to have asked on the phone.

That said, the atmosphere and food was very nice.

1  Thank Littlescooper
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There is no doubt the food is of high quality but if I am paying £6 for a bowl of soup I'm afraid I expect a table cloth or at least a cloth napkin.
Yes the location is wonderful, and today when the sun was shining it was full house inside and out. Service was generally good and friendly. There seemed to have been a mix up with our booking as they had us in for tomorrow - Our anniversary today so I didn't make that mistake. Luckily a table was coming free so we were served drinks and didn't have to wait too long to be seated - it could have been a very different story.
The vegetarian choice is not great-soup of the day - curried butternut squash was very nice (at£6!) but if you only have one choice why make it spicy, oh the second choice was a pea and mozzerella like salad which was also the main option, apart from a vegetarian platter that was to share at £20. The salad was very nice but glad I opted for the large portion and a side of fries(£3 and they are fries not chips) as the portion was barely bigger than the salad accompaniment my husband had with his steak.
However my husbands beetroot and duck salad was very good as was his steak main.
I also spotted they were having a problem with the credit card gadget and were having to fill out forms with all sorts of questions from the paying diner - we opted for cash.
Will we go back? Never say never but plenty of other places on the Island serving similar food and probably for but less dosh. But if you are in the area and want a sea view there probably isn't better at this level but think I'll be going to Watersedge café next time. Not such an upmarket menu but neither are the prices.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

On holiday, recommended on TA, so we went for a mid week evening meal.

Great location on the water and nicely dressed tables, well spaced around the panoramic windows and a few in the middle. Staff were young, personable and efficient. Most people had booked, but there was room for more.

Main menu is of a high quality with complex dishes, but is a bit pricey for a holiday meal. Better still, they do a special mid week menu with plenty of choice at £17 for 2 courses and £21 for 3. This was good value.

We had fresh asparagus and crab bisque for starters, both beautifully presented and dressed crab and veal loin for main. It all looked so good we agreed to swop both courses. It also tasted good.

The wine list was reasonable.

Age was a bit on the high side (we didn't help!) but there was a 3 generation family eating there as well and the children were able to enjoy themselves outside whilst the family relaxed over coffee.

I would recommend for a holiday treat and special occasions if you are lucky enough to live nearby.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We took my brother and his wife. Sat in the window overlooking the sea and watched an exquisite sunset.
The delightful lady serving us made such a wonderful event for us all and the meals were all totally delicious, and my brother is hard to please!

Don't miss it if you are on the Isle of Wight.