Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews one night yogurt home made lounge cheese france goats chickens
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Perfect place for a stopover on way to or from ferry in Cherbourg, but I would love to return an stay a bit longer to explore this interesting area. This accommodation is very special. Sue and Peter have restored this lovely old building with great taste and attention to detail. We had a wonderful evening meal and breakfast and the relaxed style of our hosts made us very comfortable. I highly recommend it as a place to stay. It just couldn't have been any better.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We stayed here on the way home from a holiday, it's a couple of hours drive south of Normandy and so was in a good location.

Little did we know what a treat it was going to be.

We were able to order off the menu for the earlier food, the specials board as well, and it was lovely. We were 5 adults and 2 toddlers. All of the adults had lasagne and salad and it was lovely, it helped that it was fresh along with beautiful bread. The kids had lasagne and pasta. I don't know if it was because they were after eating chips a few times but they scoffed the lot, cleaned the plates! Then, dessert! Apple cake with homemade custard. I only ordered it because I could smell it baking in the oven! It was sensational, the whole meal was like comfort food.

Myself and my wife and our two young children stayed in a family room. The room for the kids was off our room so it was nice to close the door on them! And there was an en suite off it as well. The room was perfect and the perfect tonic for us after a long holiday and a long days travelling. A beautiful bed meant that we all had a terrific nights sleep, which was badly needed. The bathroom and bedroom was all spotless.

The breakfast was great, simple on the face of it but delicious, especially the homemade yoghurts. We all had mighty breakfasts and were practically stuffed for the day.

Finally the house and grounds were really good as well. The back had animals and toys for the kids to play on, and it was secure so we could sit down and let them off.

I really enjoyed this place, we kind of wished that our sailing would be cancelled so that we could stay an extra night! I would definitely alter my travel plans and my route on a return trip to France so that I could stay here again - it was that good.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2018

A good last stop before the ferry home, a perfect end to our holiday. A beautiful old building tastefully renovated and offering relaxation and comfort. The meals are wonderful and we were made to feel very welcome.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018

I had to find last minute accommodation for myself and 6 employees and found Peter and Sue on Air B&B. They were very helpful and accommodating considering they were supposed to be having some time off! We arrived later than expected but they still cooked us food from their bar menu (excellent). The rooms were lovely, comfortable, clean and well maintained. Breakfast was fabulous, continental all sorts and included homemade yoghurt! Although our stay was short (1 night only) we thoroughly enjoyed it and I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Really good value for money and great hosts.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2018

What a find - 1st Class
Just a 1 night stay for us on our way North for the ferry back home from Le Harve. We will definitely go back as we are planning a longer trip to Normandy.
Lovely place with excellent hosts
1st class evening meal, Steve was a chef in the UK for 25 years before moving to France.
1st class breakfast following a stay in their lovely old farmhouse.

Date of stay: August 2018