“check your receipts for hidden charges”

Queen Margarette Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lucena City
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Their room service was pretty bad. The restaurants they have are not open 24/7, making it difficult if you want to eat something late at night. There are no convenience stores nearby and the location is out of the way if you need to buy something. We ordered food from one of their restaurants since we did not have a choice. When our food came, the attendant handed me the chit that was way more than what I calculated. The club sandwich and fresh spring roll with a can of soda and a bottle of mineral water costed almost P800! I gave the attendant money and asked for a receipt. He went back 5 minutes later with just my change. I again demanded for a receipt with a break down of the cost of each item we ordered. The attendant said they can't give me a receipt. I asked him why and he didn't say anything. 2 minutes later, another attendant, a woman this time, knocked on our room and was very apologetic that they miscalculated the the amount I had to pay. I explained to them the reason why I was asking for an itemized receipt. I told them that I know what I ordered and I know how much I had to pay. There is no reason to pay that much for the food we had.

The rooms are old and dingy. The tv was probably 12 years old. The beds are comfortable but there were strange noises in the middle of the night that constantly woke me up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Aiie C

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our team stays here when we have field work (during evening) in Lucena. We just need an affordable quiet place to sleep in the morning. The hotel is average.

The rooms are outdated with small old CRT TV. The WiFi connection and internet has improved since our last stay in September, but still weak inside the our room. Cellphone coverage is also weak inside the room. Parking space is adequate. The lobby and dining area is spacious, too bad there are mosquitoes.

Breakfast is fine, just average. The Coffee and pandesals are great!

The staffs are nice and friendly. People from Lucena/Quezon are naturally friendly.

The SPA is great! Its clean and modern. You just need to inform the reception so that the sauna can be heated in advance.

Overall, our stay is fine. Except for the mosquitoes on the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lex T
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were old and musty smelling, the bed was lumpy, the linen was not even fresh smelling. The room only had 2 sockets where you can charge your gadgets and are found behind the massive desk. Food at the restaurant was not delicious either, and was too expensive for how it looked and tasted like. The only saving grace was that the staff were friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times to attend parties, seminars, to dine and lastly to stay in their hotel rooms.
This used to be nice for its the largest in the province but has not been maintained well.
The furnitures and interiors dont match and looks like cheap immitations of Victorian architecture.
Gets too crowded when there are functions at the poolside or at the area near the front desk.
Just too noisy for hotel guests.
Buffet breakfast is horrible, very limited choices and they dont replenish much.
I wont recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank MarkMarc
Reviewed August 3, 2013

During my 2-day business trip in Quezon, this was the hotel recommended to me as noted Lucena's finest hotel to offer. Though the grandeur of the hotel facade, can tell that its been there for ages and needs some modern renovations. Though room we got was practical for a 2500/night for 2 person (you may opt a queen / 2 single beds). Staff at lobby up to bellboy was courteous to us, i also requested for cabinet hangers and extra towels for no charge, delivered prior i ended unpacking my stuff. Aircon was soo cool, bathroom we got was clean & fixtures were working (and the even supply of hot/cold water). Food was great & costs practical too. Breakfast was inclusive and apart from the buffet of bread, pastries & coffee, they also serve per individual plated their famed longganisa rice meal. Also an on-going ball that night so alot of cars parked, suggest to park near the hotel which is at the back. Over-all stay for me is great and may go back on my next business trip in our quezon sites.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Eelanna
Reviewed June 12, 2013

They have decent cool rooms, nice staff, LG CRT TV, nice pillows, towels are requested, shower was repaired, poor water supply (it is weak when some other rooms are using it), shaky dilapited daewoo refrigerator, dusty fake flower on cheap vase, table with unrepaired scratches, cheap breakfast, lousy wifi. DONT expect to be a Queen.

Room Tip: take the ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Atty Billy S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to my cousin's wedding and to all couples who are looking for a place to get wed, this place IS HIGHLY recommended. Everyone was pleased with the food. Now I can say you get what you pay for. We stayed here for a night and 2 days in total and or rooms were really expensive though some of needed some renovations.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, choose the east wing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 11 in Lucena City
Ouans The Farm Resort
Ouans The Farm Resort
#2 of 3 in Lucena City

Been to Queen Margarette Hotel? Share your experiences!