“Lovely late summer lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pier House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westward Ho
Pier House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Westward Ho B&B and Inns
SE England
“Lovely late summer lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I had lunch at the hotel in the last week of September, it was lovely. The food was good, as was the service and the decor very attractive. The view from the terrace is stunning. A great place for a relaxing lunch.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This restaurant has been recently refurbished to a very high standard and has to have one of the best views in the UK and one you would expect from a med seaside place. You would expect this to be a fine dining place with prices to match but instead you are treated to some great pub grub including the great Devonian veg plate! Great value, good service and with these views well worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We did not stay at Hotel but used restaurant.
I phoned for a table with sea view for my friends 40th birthday she wanted a low key affair so we decided a few friends and nice meal looking over the ocean would be nice, when I phoned I asked for window seat and gave a time of 7pm I was told there were no tables then but if we came at 7.45 then we could have sea view.

On arrival we were shown to table but wasnt sea view we were told its not possible to book sea view although there was a table with reserved with sea view for 4 people so I asked why we couldnt have that table? The waitress would not let us move to that table as it had been booked!!Condradicting what we had been told, Im local and fully understand the terrace cant be booked first come first served but after going there for over 20 years and never having a problem with booking sea view very disappointed especially as it was a special occasion.
On top of that although it was only early in the night 3 items on the menu were not available and my mashed potoato was stone cold and had to be sent back to be reheated.
On a positive note the new decor and ambience really nice

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank loveshack1261
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I live in Westward Ho! and visited the Pier House for the first time since its renovation 2 weeks ago. I went with my boyfriend and another couple and sat on the glorious terrace for drinks. This place is exactly what we need and the first half of the evening was great. We later decided to go inside for some food. My boyfriend ordered 2 cheeseburgers for us. 10 mins later our friend ordered a burger. 15 mins later our friends burger arrived, even though she ordered 10 mins after us! 45 mins after we ordered, our burgers arrived with no apology. I asked the young girl why our food took so long and she just gave me a vacant look. No explanation or apology! I am a manager and if a member of my staff treated my customers like that, i would take severe action. Employing teenagers with no people skills is a huge mistake and being local, i know how word can spread. For a new restaurant to deliver food and service that bad is not good. I would visit again but just for drinks!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank DevonSawyer
Ammanford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I can only give you reviews of the Restaurant as we did not use the Hotel.
What a find we were fortunate to have a nice sunny day and take advantage of sitting in the terrace with super views. We recently stayed in Malta and used a restaurant with similar setting and must say that the Pier House Hotel exceeded the views in Malta. The staff are so polite and our food excellent as was the price but must say that we ate Lunch time. Dog friendly and children friendly also it is very clean and lovely decor. I am sure that you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Only used Restaurant